49ers trade Buckner to Colts

RaidersAreOne

I Love This Trade. 

Been a fan of Buckner since he came out and not at all upset about the money. 

Sheard is likely not coming back, but we could move Denico Autry out to LE in the meantime while we decide if Banogu is ready. Turay can spell Houston for the year, depending on when he is ready to go from his injury. 

• Like 2

I was wanting the Colts to draft Kinlaw at #13 but now the Colts get the best of both worlds, they get a proven NFL beast for the same pick.  Good move all around.  I could also see Ballard leveraging this and if there is someone they think/know the Bengals are targeting in the 2nd round, they could trade with SF to get pick 30.

Edited by coffeedrinker

2 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

I was wanting the Colts to draft Kinlaw at #13 but now the Colts get the best of both worlds, they get a proven NFL beast for the same pick.  Good move all around.  I could also see Ballard leveraging this and if there is someone they think/know the Bengals are targeting in the 2nd round, they could trade with SF to get pick 30.

Yes, that could happen. Ballard is a trade down and grow the pick numbers guy, but he is bucking his trends this draft, and there may be a player he wants. 

Just now, Warhorse said:

Yes, that could happen. Ballard is a trade down and grow the pick numbers guy, but he is bucking his trends this draft, and there may be a player he wants. 

I don't think it will happen because, as you say, he has been more of a trade back/acquire picks.  I'm just thinking back to last year where he said in the draft they had a few blue chip prospects and Ya-Sin was one of them.  So, if a blue-chip prospect is there and they get word there is a good chance the Chiefs or Bengals will draft that player, they can call of SF and remind them they just took Buckner's money off the books for them and work out a pretty good deal.  #44 and swap 4th rounders.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Warhorse said:

Always has his eyes up field, man that kid can stack and shed. 

He cant be blocked by one man when he is rushing the passer. Notice on a lot of those both the C and G would both engage him, and then as soon as one would look for someone else to pick up, buck would disengage and then dart to the QB and finish the play. Notice how many fumbles he caused/recovered last year, just had a nose for the football. When he gets his hands on guys, they either fall down or fumble. The guy doesn't miss tackles. 

Deforest Buckner is massive. I think he is honestly the largest human being in the NFL. Hes super athletic and thick considering he is 6'7. He has good leverage and pad level and longer arms than anyone else. He can get his hands on guys and neutralize them. I love to yell DE FO FI FUM when he makes plays, since hes a giant 

in 2018 he 'struggled' against double teams. I put it in quotes because he would hold his ground but wouldn't be able to disengage. He also had more splash plays in the sense of where he would completely kill the OL off the snap and be in the backfield before the QB could throw it (he has a killer swim move) rather than in 2019 where it was a lot of second effort type plays, as @Warhorse alluded to. 

He has gotten better every year and his game is really rounding into form. 

I would pay money to watch Deforest Buckner and Quenton Nelson go 1v1 in practice. Iron sharpens Iron sorta thing. I mean, those are two of the best in the world at their position. If you guys see any clips of those two going at it, post them here and tag me! @Wyld Stallyns @coffeedrinker

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, N4L said:

He cant be blocked by one man when he is rushing the passer. Notice on a lot of those both the C and G would both engage him, and then as soon as one would look for someone else to pick up, buck would disengage and then dart to the QB and finish the play. Notice how many fumbles he caused/recovered last year, just had a nose for the football. When he gets his hands on guys, they either fall down or fumble. The guy doesn't miss tackles. 

Deforest Buckner is massive. I think he is honestly the largest human being in the NFL. Hes super athletic and thick considering he is 6'7. He has good leverage and pad level and longer arms than anyone else. He can get his hands on guys and neutralize them. I love to yell DE FO FI FUM when he makes plays, since hes a giant 

in 2018 he 'struggled' against double teams. I put it in quotes because he would hold his ground but wouldn't be able to disengage. He also had more splash plays in the sense of where he would completely kill the OL off the snap and be in the backfield before the QB could throw it (he has a killer swim move) rather than in 2019 where it was a lot of second effort type plays, as @Warhorse alluded to. 

He has gotten better every year and his game is really rounding into form. 

I would pay money to watch Deforest Buckner and Quenton Nelson go 1v1 in practice. Iron sharpens Iron sorta thing. I mean, those are two of the best in the world at their position. If you guys see any clips of those two going at it, post them here and tag me! @Wyld Stallyns @coffeedrinker

I’ve seen people post pictures of Nelson and Buckner from the Pro Bowl but no videos yet