BoB: Is he the worst GM ever?

BayRaider

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Strange comment. Mayock has been an excellent GM so far and I think majority of NFL Gen would agree. Trolling me for some reason. Reggie, yes, he sucked.

Mayock sucks man.  He's better than Mckenzie was, but still really bad.  

Spends 50 million dollars on a wideout who said he "didn't have to play football" not even 72 hours prior to the trade.  Tried to compensate for the awful $100+ million contract they gave Derek Carr (that wasn't Mayock's fault, but he didn't make it any better).  

Also brought Vontaze Burfict to town for some dumb reason, and regrets it before the season's even over.  

No, I'm not trolling.  I'm just wondering like the rest of us when Oakland is going to start playing like the Madden years again.  

Mark Davis seriously need to start hiring the right people.  But, he's kind of a clown too.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

Just now, RamblinMan99 said:

Spends 50 million dollars on a wideout who said he "didn't have to play football" not even 72 hours prior to the trade.  Tried to compensate for the awful $100+ million contract they gave Derek Carr (that wasn't Mayock's fault, but he didn't make it any better).  

Also brought Vontaze Burfict to town for some dumb reason, and regrets it before the season's even over.  

No, I'm not trolling.  I'm just wondering like the rest of us when Oakland is going to start playing like the Madden years again.  

Mark Davis seriously needs to start hiring the right people.  But, he's kind of a clown too.  

4 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

They seriously need to start hiring the right people.  

Mayock had an absolute fantastic draft, especially the middle rounds. The AB thing could of happened to anyone. At the end of the day we only gave up a 3rd/5th for him, which is a good risk assessment for the best WR in the NFL. We got out of his contract before giving him any guaranteed money. 

Burfict was signed because Paul pounded the table for him and asked Mike for a favor. Mike gave him a one year deal. Burfict was a Pro Bowl Level Player during those four games. He got suspended, sure, but that’s why you only give him a one year deal. 

I think you’re solely on your own on this one. I’d assume most of NFL Gen would deem Mayock as good or inconclusive. Not bad. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Wow I must have been away from this site for to many years if everyone here is to young to remember Matt Millen.  There is no argument. Worst GM in sports history 

No, Bill O'Brien has officially taken over him after today. Trading away Jadevion Clowney for nothing, mortgaging your entire future for Larmey Tunsil, trading higher than anticipated picks for guys like Duke Johnson and Gaeron Conley, and trading away a top 3 WR for an oft injured RB and a 2nd round pick?

There's no defending BoB on this one. He had two All Pro guys, first round picks who lived up to expectations and traded them - along with two first round picks and a 2nd round pick - for a LT, a #3 WR, a broken RB and a 2nd round pick.

And this is less than one years' worth of work.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mayock had an absolute fantastic draft, especially the middle rounds. The AB thing could of happened to anyone. At the end of the day we only gave up a 3rd/5th for him, which is a good risk assessment for the best WR in the NFL. We got out of his contract before giving him any guaranteed money. 

Couldn't have just happened to anybody.  

Oakland has always had this mentality of taking the "sloppy 23rds" from all the other ball clubs in the league.  If OJ Simpson were allowed to come back to the league after he was convicted at 60 years old, Oakland would have taken him.  

So many teams were even hesitant to offer Brown a deal.  

To Pittsburgh, it was a deal and a half just to get rid of him and own the dead cap space.   Oakland took the bait before anyone else.  

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Burfict was signed because Paul pounded the table for him and asked Mike for a favor. Mike gave him a one year deal. Burfict was a Pro Bowl Level Player during those four games. He got suspended, sure, but that’s why you only give him a one year deal. 

That's just hogwash.  

Burfict didn't even have 20 tackles in 4 games.  

He honestly wasn't even that good of a player when he was with Cincinnati.  

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think you’re solely on your own on this one. I’d assume most of NFL Gen would deem Mayock as good or inconclusive. Not bad. 

Like I said before, he's not on Mckenzie's level, but he's close.  

Mayock's definitely at the bottom of the barrel of NFL GMs.  

Don't think he's going to improve with time either.  

10 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Wow I must have been away from this site for to many years if everyone here is to young to remember Matt Millen.  There is no argument. Worst GM in sports history 

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No, Bill O'Brien has officially taken over him after today. Trading away Jadevion Clowney for nothing, mortgaging your entire future for Larmey Tunsil, trading higher than anticipated picks for guys like Duke Johnson and Gaeron Conley, and trading away a top 3 WR for an oft injured RB and a 2nd round pick?

There's no defending BoB on this one. He had two All Pro guys, first round picks who lived up to expectations and traded them - along with two first round picks and a 2nd round pick - for a LT, a #3 WR, a broken RB and a 2nd round pick.

And this is less than one years' worth of work.

Compared to Millen's near decade long run of ruining the lions.'

This is short term damage the Texans can recover from, there's no cure for becoming a "CURSED FRANCHISE" after a GM gives you that label. 

He sucks but he's not Millen levels, recency bias clouds your judgement. 

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Compared to Millen's near decade long run of ruining the lions.'

This is short term damage the Texans can recover from, there's no cure for becoming a "CURSED FRANCHISE" after a GM gives you that label. 

He sucks but he's not Millen levels, recency bias clouds your judgement. 

Give BoB a decade... he'll have an XFL bottom dweller on his hands.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Hold my beer

PjxUz7p.gif

Very comparable. But BoB clearly beats out Chip. Trading multiple 1sts for average players and practically giving Hopkins away. 

BoB is like Al Davis, except Al traded 1sts for proven superstars.