BoB: Is he the worst GM ever?

BayRaider

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Bob Lustig was the GM of the Buffalo Bills when they drafted OJ Simpson. Of course, after drafting OJ Simpson he went on to kill his girlfriend, which introduced the world to the Kardashians and so in conclusion Bob Lustig is the worst GM of all time.

That's a contender!

6 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Uh, pardon me? He was one of the best off-ball LBs in the game during his prime. 

Nope, not even close.  

His first two seasons were decent before he decided he was just going to go out on the field and start hurting people.  

Yep, you're definitely a diehard Cincy fanboy. 

First, it was Geno, now it's Burfict.  

I'll be in my coffin by the time they get to the AFC title game.  

8 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Nope, not even close.

Wrong.

His first two seasons were decent before he decided he was just going to go out on the field and start hurting people.  

Ignorant.

Yep, you're definitely a diehard Cincy fanboy.

No, I’m pretty objective and will gladly throw shade at this franchise.

10 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

First, it was Geno, now it's Burfict.  

No idea what this means.

10 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I'll be in my coffin by the time they get to the AFC title game. 

Truly a ramblin’ man.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Wrong.

Ignorant.

No, I’m pretty objective and will gladly throw shade at this franchise.

No idea what this means.

Truly a ramblin’ man.

I dislike Burfict as much as anyone on here, but even I have always said he was one of the better 4-3 LBs in the league for several years.  Talent and on field ability have never been his problem.

And yes....all that guy seems to do is ramble off nonsense.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Truly a ramblin’ man.

I shouldn't admit this, but I have him on ignore (after his "the Rooney's are some of the worst owners in football" ramble). I would recommend you follow suit, makes him much more tolerable.

• Like 1

BOB is even worse than we thought.

Hopkins was thrown out like garbage because he had power and BOB must be supreme.

The guys respect Nuk and listen to him and that can not stand with this insane clown.

Michael Irvin says BOB had a meeting with Hopkins about his influence in the locker room and he started it out by comparing DeAndre to AARON HERNANDEZ!

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

You really begin to wonder if BoB has some incriminating photos of the owner to remain employed

The owner doesn't care as long as he's cashing checks. He's got his trophy wife, he goes on his African Safari trips to hunt big game, he drives his luxury cars and has his houses all over the world - why bother dealing with this nonsense, unless those checks stop coming in?

Cal McNair is an absolute dunce. 

After hearing Michael Irvin's conversation with Hopkins, Bill O'Brien should absolutely be fired from a morality stand point, he is simply not a good person clearly, and runs his organization like a dictator. As a Titans fan though, lifetime contract!

• Like 3

On 3/17/2020 at 4:17 AM, PapaShogun said:

No. I still think Joe Thomas' tenure as 49ers GM was the worst in NFL history arguably. Of course that was the late 1970's. Team GMs have access to way more resources compared to 40 years ago. They also have history on their side with examples of what not to do. O'Brien is a bad coach and GM, but I don't think he has acquired the crown of worst GM ever. Al Davis in his later stages was making terrible decisions for the Raiders, and Matt Millen was a cancer for the Lions for years. That was all within the last 20 years. 

Thomas was good at his other stops, but when he went to SF, he apparently lost his mind. His last year there, he attacked a reporter on a disco floor because he wrote something bad about him, and he thought that an assasin was going to get him (the day when Harvey Milk and Mayor Moscone were assasinated). I think that was the last straw for DeBartolo. He hired Walsh, and the rest is history.

• Like 1