BoB: Is he the worst GM ever?

BayRaider

On 3/16/2020 at 4:40 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

Mayock sucks man.  He's better than Mckenzie was, but still really bad.  

Spends 50 million dollars on a wideout who said he "didn't have to play football" not even 72 hours prior to the trade.  Tried to compensate for the awful $100+ million contract they gave Derek Carr (that wasn't Mayock's fault, but he didn't make it any better).  

Also brought Vontaze Burfict to town for some dumb reason, and regrets it before the season's even over.  

No, I'm not trolling.  I'm just wondering like the rest of us when Oakland is going to start playing like the Madden years again.  

Mark Davis seriously need to start hiring the right people.  But, he's kind of a clown too.  

I'm beginning to believe you're Skip Bayless posting your ignorant opinions on Footballsfuture because people don't tune into your nonsense on ESPN anymore. 

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

Less to do with BoB, more to do with a disaster in Jacksonville and an abrupt Andrew Luck retirement. 

The AFCS takes turns picking top 5, two teams at a time. 

In the eight years Millen was GM, here's how many games the Lions won each season: 2, 3, 5, 6, 5, 3, 7, 0

They wouldn't have won a division of Conference USA

During this time they had a four season stretch of failing to win a road game

I remember multiple times that fourth round picks failed to make the team and got cut never to be seen again. Not practice squad, simply cut

O'Brien has so so far to go.

20 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

In the eight years Millen was GM, here's how many games the Lions won each season: 2, 3, 5, 6, 5, 3, 7, 0

I remember multiple times that fourth round picks failed to make the team and got cut never to be seen again. Not practice squad, simply cut

Yeah I will never compare any team to the Lions, I honestly think the Lions are worse than the Browns. At least with the Browns, their excuse is theyre an expansion team that just got a bad set of coaches/gms/first owner, with the Lions, theyve been around for so long but they STILL cannot get out of this slump. The Browns never had the greatest running back of all time retire on them cause of how frustrated he was and the same happen with Megatron lol. 

2 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I can concede your ultimate point that Millen is worse, but not by much... but don't make the mistake of BoB as a good coach/GM because the Texans stumble their way into a 9-7 or 10-6 record along with a playoff berth. As I outlined, the AFCS was basically given to the Texans due to some sort of circumstances involving the Jags or Titans being REALLY bad.

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I can concede your ultimate point that Millen is worse... but don't make the mistake of BoB as a good coach/GM because the Texans stumble their way into a 9-7 or 10-6 record along with a playoff berth. As I outlined, the AFCS was basically given to the Texans due to some sort of circumstances involving the Jags or Titans being REALLY bad.

If BOB gets as much time to ruin things as Millen did (OH GOD PLEASE NO), I have faith that BOB can be worse than the worst.

• Like 1

Really can't have "ever " in the title.  The line goes around the block ! Here a couple beauties.

Mike Ditka--- Saints.

Bobby Grier ---Patriots

Everyone starting after Tim  Kouch  ----  Browns

Al Davis  after age 70 -----  Raiders

:D:D:D

Edited by m haynes

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Bobby Grier ---Patriots

Grier's drafts were bad (CB Chris Canty over Tiki Barber in 97, Tebucky Jones over Donovin Darius or Alan Faneca in 98 Rd 1, Tony Simmons 98 Rd. 2, Katzenmoyer over Al Wilson or Patrick Kerney in 99), but he was the one who drafted Tom Brady, from what I understand.

6 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Grier's drafts were bad (CB Chris Canty over Tiki Barber in 97, Tebucky Jones over Donovin Darius or Alan Faneca in 98 Rd 1, Tony Simmons 98 Rd. 2, Katzenmoyer over Al Wilson or Patrick Kerney in 99), but he was the one who drafted Tom Brady, from what I understand.

No  BB drafted Tom. Rookie 2000.   The only thing he did was draft Kevin Faulk.   The place was a zoo, Pete Carroll had no chance. Big Willie hated that time in NE.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/05/willie-mcginest-tells-story-of-seeing-black-from-anger-with-pete-carroll/

On 3/16/2020 at 10:43 PM, BayRaider said:

I like Tunsil, but no, he’s not. And the Texans OL is still possibly worst in the league. They should just trade Watson for Carr and continue the Carr family dynasty while giving Watson a chance to succeed. 

Nope, the jets ol was clearly worst in the league and one of the worst ever. 

10 hours ago, m haynes said:

No  BB drafted Tom. Rookie 2000.   The only thing he did was draft Kevin Faulk.   The place was a zoo, Pete Carroll had no chance. Big Willie hated that time in NE.

OK. I thought that he was the one who called Lloyd Carr to ask about Brady, though.

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

Also, Bobby Beathard if we ignore his time in Washington, which only partially redeemed him.  If nothing else, Beathard proves that BOB still has a shot at the HOF.

Isn't that the truth. From 1995-00, he traded away every first round pick but one (1998, when they drafted mega-bust Ryan Leaf). He had a lot of weak picks in Round 2 during that time, like Terrance Shaw, Jimmy Oliver, Bryan Still, Patrick Sapp, and Jermaine Fazande.

And, to save the best for last, he told HC Mike Riley that he didn't want Tom Brady in 2000. That year, Beathard told Riley that they were thinking of drafting a late-round developmental QB. Mike gave him two names: Stanford QB Todd Husak and Brady (who Riley tried to recruit in 1995 when he was with USC). On draft day, Beathard asked him who he wanted. Riley said Brady. Beathard went to watch the film on him, and came back and told Mike that Tom wasn't good enough.

• Like 1