Jack Conklin Signed

therealwiseman

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

No we had a great running back. Our run game wasn’t good at all. Freddie barely property utilized it or used it to set up the pass game. San Fran is an example of amazing run game with avg backs. We had a bad run game with an amazing running back. 

freddie never properly utilized play action or set up pass plays and run plays that looked similar to Disguise plays

So, in essence, though our RB came within a hair of capturing the NFL rushing crown, the run game sucked solely because of the coaching.  Thus adding a RT will take the running game to an entirely different dimension, not the new coaching.

Am I warm here?

15 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

So, in essence, though our RB came within a hair of capturing the NFL rushing crown, the run game sucked solely because of the coaching.  Thus adding a RT will take the running game to an entirely different dimension, not the new coaching.

Am I warm here?

Well if the Browns had a legit coaching staff and truly fed Chubb, he would have won the rushing title. 

look at the impact Conklin made on the titans rushing attack this year with him fully being healthy.

now the browns have two legit option to run behind. Bit on the left side and Conklin on the right side. Teams can no longer stack the left side like they did in the redzone last year a majority of the time. No longer have to rely on running behind bit all the time like they did. Also with Conklins ability to run block, the dude is very good at hooking ends to seal the edge. Which leads to more efficient outside run plays and being able to properly roll out cause of the run action. 

Conklin signing shows the team is going to be truly committed to a run first offensive attack. 

Edited by buno67

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Are we sure we can’t move Hubbard to guard?

I think he could do it 

I was thinking the same thing. I do feel however now that RT is solved our RG will be fine with what we have.  Hubbard was REALLY bad at tackle. 

58 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

This sadly means the ship has sailed on Ezra Cleveland. Would have been really cool to have a player with the city on the back of his jersey. Missed opportunity really. 

😠😡😤

Tyrie

48 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Are we sure we can’t move Hubbard to guard?

I think he could do it 

😠😡😤

You're coming real close to a ban, bro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I do feel however now that RT is solved our RG will be fine with what we have.  Hubbard was REALLY bad at tackle. 

I think you have it backward.  Hubbard was serviceable with Zeitler.  With Zeitler gone Hubbart was horrible.  Fixing tackle probably won't fix RG.

We had to do something.

This stoops the bleeding some.

Can't believe he didn't get top Tackle money in this FA class.

Very Smart move by Conklin as that Spike in Salary Cap and TV money likely makes 20 million the base amount if he can play well.

20 Mil in year 1 means this is a 2 year deal and 2 year rental who could be franchised when it's all said and done.