Jack Conklin Signed

therealwiseman

44 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I think you have it backward.  Hubbard was serviceable with Zeitler.  With Zeitler gone Hubbart was horrible.  Fixing tackle probably won't fix RG.

A good RG could help the RT but a good RT cant help the RG???

Also hubbard was garbage next to Zeitler in'18 until Freddie took over and changed schemes

Also its easier to cover up a bad RG than a bad RT. Youre screwed if you have both

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

A good RG could help the RT but a good RT cant help the RG???

Also hubbard was garbage next to Zeitler in'18 until Freddie took over and changed schemes

Also its easier to cover up a bad RG than a bad RT. Youre screwed if you have both

That’s what I’m saying we can hide Hubbard better 

I’m fine with cutting him but he might be an upgrade over Teller 

18 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m fine with cutting him but he might be an upgrade over Teller 

Teller wasn’t bad and was improving after each start. Rather see him at RG next to Conklin than Hubbard. Hubbard is not worth his contract 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hubbard’s deal isn’t great re: cutting though.  Saves a few million to cut him, but there’s a healthy bit of dead money too.

As others have said put him at gaurd if needed, his movement is okay, maybe he does better there.

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

maybe he does better there.

Hard to imagine that he would do worse than he did at RT.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Saves a few million to cut him, but there’s a healthy bit of dead money too.

Unless someone in the FO/on the coaching staff has good reason(s) to believe he will be at all successful at RG, bite the bullet and get rid of this turd.

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hubbard’s deal isn’t great re: cutting though.  Saves a few million to cut him, but there’s a healthy bit of dead money too.

Him on the roster is dead money cause he is garbage. Keep him and waste close to $8m or cut him and waste close to $2.5m. Prolly could get a better RG with that $5m difference

• Like 1

Fantastic contract.

Nowhere close to estimates going into today, and the $20M this year leaves only $22M for the final 2 years. That makes this a $11M cap hit when it is really going to matter. $11M wast the most I could see spending on the position and still have room for neccessary extensions in '21 and '22. (My mock offseason had us signing Bulaga to a 3 year $11M APY deal, but I like this so much more.)

Very pleased with Andrew Berry right now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Fantastic contract.

Nowhere close to estimates going into today, and the $20M this year leaves only $22M for the final 2 years. That makes this a $11M cap hit when it is really going to matter. $11M wast the most I could see spending on the position and still have room for neccessary extensions in '21 and '22. (My mock offseason had us signing Bulaga to a 3 year $11M APY deal, but I like this so much more.)

Very pleased with Andrew Berry right now.

Agreed.

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Are we still playing “where to hide the bad offensive lineman?”

Outer space my man. Let’s not try to put pearls on a pig by just changing his position. In Madden, you could convert him to OG and he’s still a 64. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Are we still playing “where to hide the bad offensive lineman?”

Outer space my man. Let’s not try to put pearls on a pig by just changing his position. In Madden, you could convert him to OG and he’s still a 64. 

Lol then what do you wanna do?

we gotta have a guard

Hubbard used to play guard in Pittsburgh it’s not inconceivable to think he could be a guard with us and possibly an upgrade over Teller. 2018 Hubbard >> 2019 Teller so it’s definitely worth the conversation 

Edited by brownie man