Lions sign OL Halapoulivaati Vaitai (5 year, $50 M)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Which is totally fair... but we've seen what Wagner has done for us the last two seasons. It can't be any worse. 

Kinda feels similar, signing a player to played fine filling in as a swing guy and projecting that to a starter role. We'll see though.

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Kinda feels similar, signing a player to played fine filling in as a swing guy and projecting that to a starter role. We'll see though.

A key difference is that our new DC faced against this guy every single practice since his rookie season. He knows the guy well enough and there's no question that BQ/MP asked him about him. If he was brought in off the street with no inside connection I would be a little more concerned about it. 

52 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Let's see what Vaitai pulls over a whole season as a starter

I mean, they aren't even similar players. Vaitai is the better run blocker, while Wagner has always been better in the passing game. Wagner is 30, and Vaitai is 26. Other than height, I don't see the similarities.

29 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I mean, they aren't even similar players. Vaitai is the better run blocker, while Wagner has always been better in the passing game. Wagner is 30, and Vaitai is 26. Other than height, I don't see the similarities.

Cos they're both low end starters who made a lot of money by being below average enough that their current team doesn't want to re-sign them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Big V is a bad football player. Foles and Wentz knew to expect immediate pressure from his man. Watch the 4th down play to Ertz from the Super Bowl. Big V gets a PFF grade of 0.0 on that play.

I mean, if PFF matters, he finished 2019 with an overall grade of 72.8 and was the 11th best run blocking OT.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Oh. So they're pretty much the same person and player. Got it.

Pretty sure his point is that’s it’s a lateral move not that there actually the same person.  Still trying to drag every conversation into a debate over semantics I see.  Defended every move the Lions have made for over a decade now does not  provide the best track record considering the complete lack to of success

Edited by BigC421/
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Pretty sure his point is that’s it’s a lateral move not that there actually the same person.  Still trying to drag every conversation into a debate over semantics I see.  Defended every move the Lions have made for over a decade now does not  provide the best track record considering the complete lack to of success

I mean, the guy used the Spiderman meme...