Salt-in-the-wounds poll

NudeTayne

Joe Thomas trade?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. 0-3 CLE trades Joe Thomas to 0-3 NYG for 2018 1st + Sterling Shepard

• Yes while he still has value--will miss him. He deserves one more shot at the owl.
    • No. He is emblematic of this team and needs to stay.

If our goal isn't to make this a championship team prior to the end of Joe's career I say we should trade him. If our goal is to go for a championship in the next handful of years don't trade him.

It basically comes down to the belief in the coaching and FO in them self.

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I've owned 2 of his jerseys and might need a third one. They are both pretty worn out. Do not trade Joe Thomas unless he requests a trade. As far as I'm concerned he is the best thing to happen to this team since rejoining the league.

That is all

Mastercheddaar

He is really the only positive thing since the return.  There were flashes, but that is about it.  You know your team has had dark times when probably the 2nd brightest spot over the last 20 years is a great return man in Cribbs, and kicker in Dawson.

I feel the need to say it again.

tenor.gif

I think we are aiming to compete for the playoffs next year, and for championships sometime in the 2019-2020 range. It's entirely possible that Joe is still a top 5 tackle in 2019. So, no. And that's not even talking about what he means to the franchise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived