Browns Sign Case Keenum

therealwiseman

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s the guy I wanted. 

Expensiveish, but if he pushes Baker it’s well worth it.

We're on opposite ends here. I didn't really care to sign him but at 6 per that is a really cheap backup so I am happy with it. I thought he would fetch closer to 9 or 10 per.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We're on opposite ends here. I didn't really care to sign him but at 6 per that is a really cheap backup so I am happy with it. I thought he would fetch closer to 9 or 10 per.

He’s a capable spot starter with skills similar to Baker.

The main difference is arm talent.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s a capable spot starter with skills similar to Baker.

The main difference is arm talent.

Yeah it makes sense, even about the same height. I just thought there was still some shine to his 11-3 2017 season that would fetch him more money, I guess going 7-17 since (on bad offensive teams) drove his value down some.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah it makes sense, even about the same height. I just thought there was still some shine to his 11-3 2017 season that would fetch him more money, I guess going 7-17 since (on bad offensive teams) drove his value down some.

I'm surprised he signed for three years at such a low rate. Gotta think there's a shot his career is done when the contact is done. Well, he made plenty of money during his career so I won't feel too bad about it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Surprised to see some of you think he signed cheap, because it seems like it's more than he's worth to me. I think it's a good signing, just about 1 year too long and 2 million too much per year, but still a good signing. 

This is firmly where I am as well. 

I do agree that the deal is probably a year too long. The alternative, however, is a pretty bare market of worthy QB2s. If a three-year deal is what it took to get the deal done, it’s whatever. Players are typically the winners when it comes to free agency.

11 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Surprised to see some of you think he signed cheap, because it seems like it's more than he's worth to me. I think it's a good signing, just about 1 year too long and 2 million too much per year, but still a good signing. 

Well 2 years ago he signed a 2 year 36 million dollar deal with the Broncos. He wasn't great there and was decent last year, both with bad supporting casts but that is still a 300% pay decrease.