Titans Sign Dennis Kelly

Titans fan 617

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I love Kelly.  
I know others think it's a downgrade, but to me this is a good move. 

Ya I’m pro Kelly

Ill never forget when I was leaving the Giants game and they broke the news Kelly played the week of his dad dying and never told anyone

The guy has bailed us out so many times 

• Like 2

Beautiful move. Love getting Dennis back. He's done so much for us over the years, and for 7 million a year I'll gladly take him as our RT and/or swing tackle if we end up drafting another guy. Also gives a young guy time to grow into the RT spot without having the pressure to start him right away.

• Like 1

Slightly more than I thought he'd get... but just slightly (I was looking at 6M per).  

No details on structure, but I'm sure all 8.75M are guaranteed this year... something like 6M SB, 2.75 salary, leaving salaries of about 5 and 7.25  in years 2 and 3?  Something along those lines would be my guess.  Cap hits of 4.75, 7 and 9.25... making it potentially a 2 year 13.75 deal.  I'm good with that.  

Has a chance to start... but doesn't keep us from drafting a RT in the 1st... as he still offers tremendous value as a swing tackle, and 6th OL in goal line and short yardage situations.  

Just now, dtait93 said:

Everything going according to plan so far, except pass rusher. Maybe a trade can be worked out somewhere? Idk who’s even attainable. There’s not a bunch of BOB’s out there to be fleeced.

If we follow my mock off-season, we are going to to after Fackrell, from GB and Jordan Jenkins from Jets. Lol.

So far my personnel moves are on point, not the money tho. lol

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Solid move. A little expensive but it is what it is. Really not expecting much of an offseason splash in FA. Sadly that’s the price you have to pay when you have a good season and a lot of free agents of your own.

Yeah, been a while since we have had a good comp pick

I would say that's more than I thought he'd get, but honestly OTs just get paid a ton now. That's probably a good price for him.

Conklin will probably go out and get 15-16m and we'll understand why 7m is a reasonable price for a backup/borderline starter. Edit: Just saw the Browns got him for 14m.

Edited by TitanSS