Dolphins sign CB Byron Jones (5 years, $82.5 M, $57 gt'd)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah because the Miami Dolphins are the gold standard of NFL consistency and excellence. He has zero, and I mean ZERO shot at ever winning a super bowl now. Enjoy your money laden off seasons Byron bc your seasons are gonna be torturous and irrelevant in a city where nobody cares about sports and your team annually picks top 10. Yes I am bitter but these are all probabilities.

How many super bowls do they (dolphins) have again compared to the eagles? 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 1

Just now, FinSting said:

At least Tannehill didn't get paid. 

you guys paid him and look how that turned out a ton of dead cap and a 7th round pick in return. Just cause players get paid doesnt mean its the right move, I think the titans made a huge mistake paying him. Could have landed a better qb, or better yet tag tannehill and see what he can do outside of 8 games.  You can think what you want thats your team and I get it but people outside of the fan base who live in the area and see what they have done in the last 10 years, (its more then that but I want to keep it where Grier is involved, as it doesnt mean anything before then), sees them as big spenders in FA to mask a ton of mishaps in the draft. If Grier wasnt the GM then I and others would see this offseason the right move for the phins but they still have the same guy who they have had for 4 years and had for 8 years before that who was a key piece of making executive decisions on the team that have caused this team to be mediocre. I think the fans deserve a better font office then they currently do as they go through the same motions of excuses every 2-3 years over and over again.

I also believe that you are about to go in to the draft attempting to get yourself a qb and all you do is pay Flowers a guy who sucked at Tackle and played average at Guard and thats it, but he is an upgrade to what they currently have so that is a plus I guess. They could have beefed up that line ready to play with Herbert at Qb week 1. They traded tunsil, they let Juwan James go, cut pouncey and now have what to protect this so called franchise qb? So you plan to draft back to back olineman in the 1st round expecting to start right away? Instead you spend 80+ mil on a CB because that is going to be the difference maker on letting you win games? Could have had Conklin and Glasgow for the same price as you paid jones. That puts you at LT and Center remaining as weak positions on the oline for your rookie QB.

31 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Says any team that cant do it because thier FO is frankly not good enough 

There's no reason to not take advantage of FA. Building through the draft and draft only doesn't work unless you find a franchise QB. A "successful draft" is if you find 3 starters.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

and if they had a guy who knows how to draft as GM....like I said 2008 director of scouting turned GM...12 years later still at the bottom with 1 playoff run to show for it. If you had a GM that knows how to draft then I would say this team is a contender but this guy hasn't done anything to prove he is the right man for the job. The same guy who drafted Dion Jordan, Charles Harris, Ryan Tannehill, Jake Long over Matt Ryan, I can go on but those seem pretty big moves that never panned out in the phins favor. So you can have this guy draft 3 times in the 1st round but it doesnt mean he will hit on all 3 heck I'll be shocked if he hits on 2 long term. 

You have no idea what you're talking about. 

First, Grier officially became the GM last year. They hired Mike Tannebaum as the VP in 2015 and he acted as the GM while Grier was more of a lackey with a title. Tannebaum was fired last year and Grier was able to finally take full control. You do know that a Director of Scouting doesn't actually pick the players right? LOL. Ex-GM Jeff Ireland made all of those picks from 08-15 xD

I will admit that I'm a little skeptical since last year's draft wasn't all that, mostly because of the  wasted Rosen trade and injuries. We'll see how he does with Reggie McKenzie and Marvin Allen helping this year. 

• Like 1

There is an impression that I don't like Jones. That's not true. I think he will be a fine player for the fins. Most will laude his time as a cb. But his most impressive game was at safety where he manned gronk. He completely shut him down aside from 1 reception (that he was in great coverage). 

His second best game was shutting down Mike Thomas.

The dude is a superior athlete than most wrs.