Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Skinsin2013

Redskins Signing Former Falcons G Wes Schweitzer - 3 Yrs; $13.5M

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

With two Wes’s you can’t go wrong!

Do two Wes’s make a right?

As long as one makes the LG spot not a weakness I’d say that’s a right lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

As long as one makes the LG spot not a weakness I’d say that’s a right lol

I think we also need to realize that while Flowers was great compared to the previous standard he had set for himself from 2015-2018, by no means was he a great player or an irreplaceable player. I think people get caught up in that sometimes that while Flowers was serviceable and sometimes good, he’s certainly replaceable and we already have a replaceable candidate in house and added another guy yesterday in free agency that could replace Flowers or even upgrade Roullier at C as well bc Schweitzer is a C/G.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

With two Wes’s you can’t go wrong!

Do two Wes’s make a right?

That joke was sooo bad I want to give you a warning for it (*).

 

(*) I can't. But Webby should allow us to do it. Stupid rules...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

That joke was sooo bad I want to give you a warning for it (*).

 

(*) I can't. But Webby should allow us to do it. Stupid rules...

Haha 🤣 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think we also need to realize that while Flowers was great compared to the previous standard he had set for himself from 2015-2018, by no means was he a great player or an irreplaceable player. I think people get caught up in that sometimes that while Flowers was serviceable and sometimes good, he’s certainly replaceable and we already have a replaceable candidate in house and added another guy yesterday in free agency that could replace Flowers or even upgrade Roullier at C as well bc Schweitzer is a C/G.

The market determined that Ereck flowers was worth $17M more than these two. Maybe the market is wrong, but that’s a sizable gap to fill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The market determined that Ereck flowers was worth $17M more than these two. Maybe the market is wrong, but that’s a sizable gap to fill

None of us had any clue the guy we signed existed until yesterday. Most of us watch a ton of football. That means it’s probably not a good signing and we’ll most likely be cutting him within the first two years of this deal. Who needs stability at LG anyway? Right guys? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

That joke was sooo bad I want to give you a warning for it (*).

 

(*) I can't. But Webby should allow us to do it. Stupid rules...

When they acquire Wes Horton, you can say three Wes's make a left.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

When they acquire Wes Horton, you can say three Wes's make a left.  

Et, tu brute' ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

None of us had any clue the guy we signed existed until yesterday. Most of us watch a ton of football. That means it’s probably not a good signing and we’ll most likely be cutting him within the first two years of this deal. Who needs stability at LG anyway? Right guys? 

Actually, when I heard the name it wasn’t one that rung a bell but then when I look him up, I definitely remember him being a guard in the Kyle Shanahan Flacon offense. Also, we don’t play the Falcons much or anyone in that division much so the guards and centers that most of us know are only the ones who are pro bowl players or near that.

What it boils down to is Schweitzer is an upgrade over Tony Bergstrom who will compete with Wes Martin & Chase Roullier for a starting position. You are making a really really big deal out of a signing that barely moves the needle. And, I really don’t understand why.

To me, you seem to be more upset that we haven’t signed other players and this is trickling down to the guard we signed. It’s not a big signing either way, my hope is that he isn’t a starter and he’s just like Bergstrom depth behind our hopeful starters Scherff, Martin & Roullier.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

 

Pretty much. I agree with that. I expect and hope that Wes Martin beats him out.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

 

This guy is our worst signing so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This guy is our worst signing so far.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29676a5276b5f5c4c1c1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×