Redskins Signing Former Falcons G Wes Schweitzer - 3 Yrs; $13.5M

Skinsin2013

15 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

As long as one makes the LG spot not a weakness I’d say that’s a right lol

I think we also need to realize that while Flowers was great compared to the previous standard he had set for himself from 2015-2018, by no means was he a great player or an irreplaceable player. I think people get caught up in that sometimes that while Flowers was serviceable and sometimes good, he’s certainly replaceable and we already have a replaceable candidate in house and added another guy yesterday in free agency that could replace Flowers or even upgrade Roullier at C as well bc Schweitzer is a C/G.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think we also need to realize that while Flowers was great compared to the previous standard he had set for himself from 2015-2018, by no means was he a great player or an irreplaceable player. I think people get caught up in that sometimes that while Flowers was serviceable and sometimes good, he’s certainly replaceable and we already have a replaceable candidate in house and added another guy yesterday in free agency that could replace Flowers or even upgrade Roullier at C as well bc Schweitzer is a C/G.

The market determined that Ereck flowers was worth $17M more than these two. Maybe the market is wrong, but that’s a sizable gap to fill

26 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The market determined that Ereck flowers was worth $17M more than these two. Maybe the market is wrong, but that’s a sizable gap to fill

None of us had any clue the guy we signed existed until yesterday. Most of us watch a ton of football. That means it’s probably not a good signing and we’ll most likely be cutting him within the first two years of this deal. Who needs stability at LG anyway? Right guys? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

None of us had any clue the guy we signed existed until yesterday. Most of us watch a ton of football. That means it’s probably not a good signing and we’ll most likely be cutting him within the first two years of this deal. Who needs stability at LG anyway? Right guys? 

Actually, when I heard the name it wasn’t one that rung a bell but then when I look him up, I definitely remember him being a guard in the Kyle Shanahan Flacon offense. Also, we don’t play the Falcons much or anyone in that division much so the guards and centers that most of us know are only the ones who are pro bowl players or near that.

What it boils down to is Schweitzer is an upgrade over Tony Bergstrom who will compete with Wes Martin & Chase Roullier for a starting position. You are making a really really big deal out of a signing that barely moves the needle. And, I really don’t understand why.

To me, you seem to be more upset that we haven’t signed other players and this is trickling down to the guard we signed. It’s not a big signing either way, my hope is that he isn’t a starter and he’s just like Bergstrom depth behind our hopeful starters Scherff, Martin & Roullier.

Edited by turtle28