Sign in to follow this  
Skinsin2013

Redskins Signing Former Falcons G Wes Schweitzer - 3 Yrs; $13.5M

If we're basing how ready our OL are based on how they catch fish I think I know why we were 3-13....

Posted (edited)

We need you Wes Martin. Be the hoss no one expected you to be when the team drafted you and we couldn’t even find your draft profile on any of the major websites 😂

Edited by e16bball

On 3/16/2020 at 6:57 PM, MKnight82 said:

Isn’t this guy one of the reasons the Falcons spent two first round picks to fix the online last year?

Honestly, they were trying to replace him last offseason at LG with Carpenter. Brown came along for the ride, but they didn't trust Brown. Neither first round pick had anything to do wiht Schweitzer.

On 3/16/2020 at 9:18 PM, turtle28 said:

3 year starting LG for the Falcons. Started the super bowl. He can compete with Wes Martin, I don’t think either is a huge drop off from Flowers and they may be better - especially Wes Martin.

No he didn't. He's like a 1-1/2 year starter only because of injury. GREAT depth guy who can play C or either guard role, but don't expect him to come in and be a beast as a starter. Did better in ZBS than other schemes though, idk what y'all are running there. He does fit the cheap OG play that Rivera likes.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If we're basing how ready our OL are based on how they catch fish I think I know why we were 3-13....

Well obviously, that was a joke. 

Ok, well how about how Wes Martin performed against Fletcher Cox and the Eagles DL twice last year? Amongst others teams after Scherff was shut down.

All of us said that we didn't even notice Scherff was gone except for one missed block in the run game.

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well obviously, that was a joke. 

Ok, well how about how Wes Martin performed against Fletcher Cox and the Eagles DL twice last year? Amongst others teams after Scherff was shut down.

All of us said that we didn't even notice Scherff was gone except for one missed block in the run game.

He didn’t face the Eagles twice. 

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He didn’t face the Eagles twice. 

Ahh, that's right we played them week 1.

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’s totally putting that rock down with his back and not his legs that’s really not good for him!!!! Cool video though but protect the back dude!!

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He’s totally putting that rock down with his back and not his legs that’s really not good for him!!!! Cool video though but protect the back dude!!

Yeah, that was totally one of those I'm effin done w/ these and forgot about the form which isn't good.

On 3/19/2020 at 5:24 PM, turtle28 said:

I like some of the video I've seen from him.  I need to send some of it to my dad, who is an offensive line guru (sent a ton of players to DI schools) and see what he thinks.  I am concerned that we are spending a lot of money on backups though, but Schweitzer is the only one where we offered more than two years, so that's better on that front.  

17 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I like some of the video I've seen from him.  I need to send some of it to my dad, who is an offensive line guru (sent a ton of players to DI schools) and see what he thinks.  I am concerned that we are spending a lot of money on backups though, but Schweitzer is the only one where we offered more than two years, so that's better on that front.  

That's cool!