Ravens deal with DT Michael Brockers fall through; re-signs with Rams (page 5)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

$10M/year is not remotely great player money anymore, though. This deal is actually fewer dollars than his 3-year extension in 2016.

I know. Which is why I don't know why he's going to fit perfectly into the defense as he's not that good. Not sure what schemes call for a JAG interior lineman. 

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Solid signing for them.

Good run defender, which you need in a division with Chubb and Mixon. But doesn't seem to offer much in pass rush from everything I've seen and heard.

Lol at solid run defender. For years we’ve been gashed on the run. Hell bal went in on the run game against us. 

Good signing for having the cap space.

But he's dangerously close to becoming a below-average player - in FA these days, that's about what $10 million gets you.

But props to the Ravens - lots of 14-2 teams would just say "let's run it back" - they know some regression is coming.

• 2 weeks later...

3 years $31.5Mil from the Rams. I'm curious how much is guaranteed and the cap hit in 2020. Should finish his career as a Ram.

Rams run defense with Brockers, Robinson, and Donald is going to be a major improvement from the past. Two BIG bodies with Brockers and Robinson upfront.

• Like 1

Happy Brockers is back. Contract is excessive, but it’s just the going rate at the moment. I like the front 3: Brockers, ARob and Donald. It makes everyone else’s job easier on the DEF. 

Donald is happy, so if he’s happy then I’m also happy. 

57 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

3 years $31.5Mil from the Rams. I'm curious how much is guaranteed and the cap hit in 2020. Should finish his career as a Ram.

Rams run defense with Brockers, Robinson, and Donald is going to be a major improvement from the past. Two BIG bodies with Brockers and Robinson upfront.

Hopefully, the terms aren't as bad as they sound. That's a lot of money.