Ravens deal with DT Michael Brockers fall through; re-signs with Rams (page 5)

RaidersAreOne

I liked but didn't love the Brockers signing when it happened - seemed like a decent player but $10 mill was probably an overpay. So I'm not crestfallen to see the deal fall through, but it's frustrating that it took so long to play out that contingency options have come off the market in the meantime.

Can't really evaluate how damaging this is for us until we see how EDC uses the $10 mill. Have to imagine they're making calls to guys like Shelby Harris and Dareus right now. 

So COVID might have cost us a run defense?

If the Ravens pursue Clowney or someone else with the cap space are we going to do the whole Ryan Grant thing again and claim they faked a failed physical to get out of a bad deal.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

Big blow for the ravens here. Reading the thread you would think they got Aaron Donald on FA. 

How will they recover? 
Was Brockers going to play QB for them in the playoffs? 

Find out next on this episode of dragon ball Flacco Force. 

my prediction is the Ravens go 8-9.’

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Big blow for the ravens here. Reading the thread you would think they got Aaron Donald on FA. 

How will they recover? 
Was Brockers going to play QB for them in the playoffs? 

Find out next on this episode of dragon ball Flacco Force. 

my prediction is the Ravens go 8-9.’

You're incredible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

So COVID might have cost us a run defense?

If the Ravens pursue Clowney or someone else with the cap space are we going to do the whole Ryan Grant thing again and claim they faked a failed physical to get out of a bad deal.

Funny thing about the Ryan Grant fiasco is that our FO was proved right on that. He started the next season decently strong with the Colts, then hurt his ankle just like we were worried about, and has basically washed out in the league because of it. 

Although, using the freed up cap space to sign Crabtree didn't exactly work out, either... 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Wow, that sucks for the Ravens. They let Pierce walk and traded Wormley partly because they were getting Brockers. What's their plan for DT now?

Draft or sign someone like Derek Wolfe on the bargain. I mean, we rolled with Chris freaking Wormley last year as our starting DE so we're already upgrading even if we get some random college player.

2 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I'm just here for the backpedaling.

Very interesting allocation of funds by the Rams. 

Ain’t no one backpedaling. I was hoping the Ravens would have kept him. Now we lose a comp pick! Which is meh. Only silver lining from this tragedy is that it keeps Donald happy. As brocks was his closest friend.

• Like 1