Ravens deal with DT Michael Brockers fall through; re-signs with Rams (page 5)

RaidersAreOne

So yet another FA NOT signing with the Original Club he agreed with when FA started. Yet this isn't exactly what the NFL had warned Teams/Players against if that player didn't end up signed?

He couldn't of failed a Physical,  because he instantly signed back with LAR. So what was it? Or is he just the DT Covid version of Eagles All Time Great Frank Gore?

Denard, Brockers who is next?

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So yet another FA NOT signing with the Original Club he agreed with when FA started. Yet this isn't exactly what the NFL had warned Teams/Players against if that player didn't end up signed?

He couldn't of failed a Physical,  because he instantly signed back with LAR. So what was it? Or is he just the DT Covid version of Eagles All Time Great Frank Gore?

Denard, Brockers who is next?

It's likely they agreed to a general structuring of the contract but in the absence of a physical there were some concessions the Ravens were not comfortable making. At least that's the rationale being reported. 

10 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

It's likely they agreed to a general structuring of the contract but in the absence of a physical there were some concessions the Ravens were not comfortable making. At least that's the rationale being reported. 

But the Rams were,  within the hour? With apparently an even better deal? Sorry still not adding up?

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

But the Rams were,  within the hour? With apparently an even better deal? Sorry still not adding up?

Rams likely had an offer  on the table before the Ravens deal was "done" so if you're Brockers and you're saying "These guys are busting my ball$ over some minute stuff and the Rams offer isnt much different...yeah fuggit, never felt right anyway"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

From what I can tell it isn't a better deal. He was getting 3/$31 with the Ravens and is now getting 3/$24 with the Rams + incentives. 

And it makes sense that the Rams were ready to pounce on this. No one is going to be more familiar and comfortable with the status of Brockers' health than the team he played for. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Brockers has been with that team for years, likely all of his medicals and anything related to injuries and past issues the Rams have knowledge of, not so much with the Ravens and their medical staff.

I’m curious about Robinson now as I thought he was the replacement for Brockers no? Isn’t that quite a bit of money wrapped up in IDL with Donald, Brockers and Robinson? Outside of Donald you’re not getting any sacks either. Completely guesstimating without actually looking at the contracts but that’s almost $40 mil tied up in three IDL players, $50 mil with Floyd’s number added. Likely paying for $1.5 mil a sack from those players and I’m not sure the run defense is all that improved.

Edited by Fureys49ers

47 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Brockers has been with that team for years, likely all of his medicals and anything related to injuries and past issues the Rams have knowledge of, not so much with the Ravens and their medical staff.

I’m curious about Robinson now as I thought he was the replacement for Brockers no? Isn’t that quite a bit of money wrapped up in IDL with Donald, Brockers and Robinson? Outside of Donald you’re not getting any sacks either. Completely guesstimating without actually looking at the contracts but that’s almost $40 mil tied up in three IDL players, $50 mil with Floyd’s number added. Likely paying for $1.5 mil a sack from those players and I’m not sure the run defense is all that improved.

I’d wager we have AD as LDE/DT Robinson at NT with Greg Gaines backing up and rotating and Brockers at the other end with Sebastian Joseph Day rotating.

48 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

They must be planning to play Robinson at NT. Donald-Robinson-Brockers has the potential to be a very stout front. It's clear what their priority was on defense.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

They must be planning to play Robinson at NT. Donald-Robinson-Brockers has the potential to be a very stout front. It's clear what their priority was on defense.

Is Robinson all that stout at the POA? Or disruptive? Seems like a lot of money for a NT who, admittedly I haven’t paid much attention to so I could be wrong, isn’t a big difference maker. Who’s playing LB behind this DL?

39 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I was under the impression Robinson is more of a 5-tech but admittedly that's based off of my assessment of him at Alabama.