Ravens will NOT be signing DT Michael Brockers

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Is this a good move? Haven't followed Brockers too closely lately. At least it's nice to see the Ravens have (in their minds) shored up their starting defensive line. 

I remember hearing good things about him in recent years. Now, how much of that was due to playing next to Aaron Donald and those others guys on the Rams D line? Who knows. I'm fairly happy with this signing though. Our D line is VASTLY improved from last year already.

If we stay in a 3-4 base, I guess this means we move Brandon Williams to NT?

And that might be it for the defensive line. Williams, Campbell, Brockers, Wormley, and Mack. Chris is the first depth option at DE and Daylon is Brandon's backup. I still wouldn't mind seeing someone drafted there, but thinking back to the rotations Martindale used I don't think the snap counts are going to be defensive-line heavy. Probably saving up those draft assets for edge-players. Sounds good to me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coordinator0 said:

And that might be it for the defensive line. Williams, Campbell, Brockers, Wormley, and Mack. Chris is the first depth option at DE and Daylon is Brandon's backup. I still wouldn't mind seeing someone drafted there, but thinking back to the rotations Martindale used I don't think the snap counts are going to be defensive-line heavy. Probably saving up those draft assets for edge-players. Sounds good to me. 

Yea, I can't see them going Marlon Davidson in the first now. That was one of my top matches.

11 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

With the way we've tackled certain trades and FA. I'm thinking we go heavy offense in the draft. Sprinkle 2-3 defensive players depending how the board falls. 

I'm going to go the other way. The FO saw the defense lag behind the offense for the first time in.... a long time. I think the priority for this offseason is and will continue to be addressing the weaknesses there. It would be a fun poll to put together but if we are to count draft capital spent on offense vs defense after the draft, I'm definitely thinking defense will take it.

Edited by wackywabbit