Bears sign TE Jimmy Graham, 2 years 16 million

TankWilliams

Had to think this was a possibility since Pace was with the Saints when Graham was drafted.

Waiting to see exact details but I'd assume most of the guarantees come in year 1 so of he sucks then they can easily cut him in 2021. 

I have always been a huge fan of Grahams even though he hasn't been the same player the past few years, so I don't mind this signing

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Initial reaction...this is a major disappointment...I still see no way we don't need to add a TE in the draft early.

When you spend 8 million/season in free agency and still need to draft the position high... you wasted your money.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, howru8888 said:

They have to cut SHaheen, Braunacker and Burton now don't they?

All signs are pointing to it. Shaheen and Braunecker are for sure gone (would clear 3.2M in cap). Burton would only save 1M so it's possible they keep him. 

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

what in the friggity frig why. This is the most Bears thing ever. Sign a big name washed up has been and act like they are trying to improve. JFC I hate this team sometimes.

The GM is a clown. He over pays a washed up TE from his former team instead of actually addressing the position.

• Like 1