Bears sign TE Jimmy Graham, 2 years 16 million

TankWilliams

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He caught 38 passes last year with Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball. He's useless.

FWIW he was only targeted 60 times. His catch rate is pretty well in line with his career average. Yards/target in 219 are better than Ebron both in 2019 and over his career, and better than Ertz last year. That passing offense was Adams and then a complete spread it around too. They had 6 different guys between 45 and 70 targets. Graham is not in any way the dominant force he used to be but he’s still a capable player. The contract is unjustifiable. The addition is not. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

How do I post gifs? 😓

Just find the gif you want, and copy its address. Then paste the sucker in your post! 

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The contract is unjustifiable. The addition is not. 

I don't know how to feel about the signing. Other than--they're cutting Burton. And that's probably a good thing. 

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Watch we were so excited last year and were so disappointed in season.   This year we will expect nothing and something crazy will happen.   

I've been saying for the last however many months now that I was not expecting a big splash signing simply because we cannot afford it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

He plays the same position as Burton and our 2 TE set is not going to be able to run block.  Are we gonna spend an early pick on our #3 flex TE?  

Seems like Burton will be the #1 flex, JG the mentor/red zone target and the pick will be learning the position for a year or 2.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It’s a garbage move for a cooked player.

17th in receiving yards among TEs last year getting less than 4 targets per game. Not what he was BY ANY STRETCH, but a functional NFL receiving TE, at an absurd price but on what’s surely effectively a 1-year deal. To hear (see) you talk about it you’d think we just signed Fendi Onubon. JFC, man. 

• Like 1