Raiders sign QB Marcus Mariota (2 years, $17.6 M)

RaidersAreOne

I don't think people are expecting him to start and catch lightning in a bottle and get us to the Super Bowl. However if he is a good pro and pushes Carr to be better, then this trade is worth it. Or if he comes in for a hurt/bad Carr, then I feel more confident than I would with Glennon/Kizer back there, so that's worth it too.

• Like 3

Just now, Drained said:

Decided I'm hopping to RaiderNation for this season until my hometown team go 3-13 and fire O'Brien, someone give me a quick rundown on the QB situation and if Carr is backup now or what is going on?

Welcome to the Dark Side friend. You'll still find immense pain cheering for this franchise but at least we have the coolest uniforms and stadium now.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Welcome to the Dark Side friend. You'll still find immense pain cheering for this franchise but at least we have the coolest uniforms and stadium now.

Yep that's why I'm cheering for you, I was thinking "Okay whos uniforms are the coolest and whos logo do I like the most" lol.

If it's any consolation I think the only direction is up, very surprised you were near to .500 last year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drained said:

Decided I'm hopping to RaiderNation for this season until my hometown team go 3-13 and fire O'Brien, someone give me a quick rundown on the QB situation and if Carr is backup now or what is going on?

If Mariota is our starter, we'll be 3-13 so there's that lol. 

Carr should be the starter bc Mariota is awful but who knows what their plan is. I'm guessing this takes us out of the possibly of drafting a QB early in this draft so that's a plus..... I guess

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

If Mariota is our starter, we'll be 3-13 so there's that lol. 

Carr should be the starter bc Mariota is awful but who knows what their plan is. I'm guessing this takes us out of the possibly of drafting a QB early in this draft so that's a plus..... I guess

As someone whos spent the last five years watching Mariota fail, I can say I very much doubt he'll get through the season.

I also haven't watched the Raiders that much but I do know a common critique of Carr is that after sustaining so many injuries, he's a lot more susceptible to pressure, throwing it out way too easily, Mariota is the same, except instead of throwing it downfield when theres someone open, he'll check it down cause he's terrified of a pick.