Raiders sign QB Marcus Mariota (2 years, $17.6 M)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Drained said:

As someone whos spent the last five years watching Mariota fail, I can say I very much doubt he'll get through the season.

I also haven't watched the Raiders that much but I do know a common critique of Carr is that after sustaining so many injuries, he's a lot more susceptible to pressure, throwing it out way too easily, Mariota is the same, except instead of throwing it downfield when theres someone open, he'll check it down cause he's terrified of a pick.

Kinda sounds like Carr. Plays scared, doesn't want to cause a turnover or injury, doubts his arm, etc. We need a QB with some damn grit for once. Maybe Gruden will harden Marcus up? I doubt it.

41 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Rapoport noted part of this signing was how well he carried himself when benched and how professional he was throughout it all.

you won't find a titans player, coach, or fan with a single bad thing to say about marcus the person. it's part of why we were all hanging on to the hope that it would work out for so long. unfortunately imo at this point it would take a pretty amazing turnaround for him to be any more than a good backup, but i think i speak for all of us when i say i'm rooting for him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

you won't find a titans player, coach, or fan with a single bad thing to say about marcus the person. it's part of why we were all hanging on to the hope that it would work out for so long. unfortunately imo at this point it would take a pretty amazing turnaround for him to be any more than a good backup, but i think i speak for all of us when i say i'm rooting for him.

So he's the Titans fans Alex Smith. HA.

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

What?? Lol Did you see what happened last year? He's not in college anymore. You can let it go lol

Yeah. Did you? Marcus led his team to the AFC Championship Game and beat Tom Brady in the playoffs. They would have made the Super Bowl if Ryan Tannehill wouldn't have blown it.

• Like 1