Raiders sign QB Marcus Mariota (2 years, $17.6 M)

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, -Hope- said:
On 3/17/2020 at 6:50 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

Ya'll forget that Mariota beat Mahomes and the Quiefs in the playoffs the season before last.

....that was alex smith dude

Yeah but Mahomes was on the roster. So he beat him. Checkmate Mariota haters. 

• Like 2

Posted this in the Raider section:

2 years and pretty high salary for a “backup”. The only way Mariota doesn’t start this year is if Carr plays fantastic all season without one of his famous 3 game horrid streaks. 

Not that Mayock/Gruden are encouraging Carr to fail. They will probably get him a WR and do everything they can to put him in a position to succeed. 

A lot of Titan fans may keep their eye on this situation. 

31 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Anything to push Carr. 

Agreed. There's no question he's better than Mariota but he needs to be kicked into another gear bc the way he's playing won't work. Hopefully with some actual receiving options, he gets better this year. Wasn't working with much last year since AB really screwed us

15 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Agreed. There's no question he's better than Mariota but he needs to be kicked into another gear bc the way he's playing won't work. Hopefully with some actual receiving options, he gets better this year. Wasn't working with much last year since AB really screwed us

I think WR is the only position we actually struggled at. He had one of the better pass pro lines, a good young RB, a solid young FB and a top 5 receiving TE. Other QBs have made much more with less, but I agree the AB debacle really set us back on O. Still worth the risk imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think WR is the only position we actually struggled at. He had one of the better pass pro lines, a good young RB, a solid young FB and a top 5 receiving TE. Other QBs have made much more with less, but I agree the AB debacle really set us back on O. Still worth the risk imo.

That's really the only position I was alluding to. The rest of the cast is there. If we can put together a solid WR group, he has no more excuses. I firmly believe Jeudy or Lamb is the 12th pick as a result and one third round will be used for the position as well. 

• Like 2

I like this contract as we couldn't go without a back up plan. Problem is both QB's haven't been the same since their 2016 injuries and are probably the nicest QB's so the competition won't get nasty. But if it does it'll bring out the fire in both of them.

On 3/16/2020 at 9:39 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Rapoport noted part of this signing was how well he carried himself when benched and how professional he was throughout it all.

Prob because He'd rather make 5 milly a year riding the pine on the NFL bench than be flippin burgers in Oahu

Raiders should pick Jeudy but will prob go Ruggs.

Edited by BullsandBroncos