Raiders sign QB Marcus Mariota (2 years, $17.6 M)

RaidersAreOne

Well, we did need a good backup QB. 

As much as I am critical of Carr, Mariota literally doesn’t come close to him. He’s very slow with reads and processing. He can do a lot of things Carr can’t though. Very mobile and can extend plays much better than Carr. 

At least it’ll keep Carr on his toes. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

At least it’ll keep Carr on his toes. 

That's what I have wanted for a while. Mariota would be a viable backup who could start if Carr goes down/struggles. He'd also push Carr to get better, and if he doesn't then we know we don't have our franchise QB. I am all for this.

• Like 2

I view Mariota as a build-up and trade type of player. I will have to pull up game pass for the Titans, but I don't expect him to do much to be honest. He won in KC which is nice. We would have to see Oregon type of Mariota for him to really challenge Carr. 

Mayock loved Mariota when he came out. if im not mistaking had him as him number 1 QB. No surprise they would go after him.

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

The one game this year that I know he looked good was the Falcon game and I know that cause I watched that game. Not sure Gruden system fits what he does best. 

Also watched the Jags game and woof that was bad

Edited by agarcia34