Raiders sign QB Marcus Mariota (2 years, $17.6 M)

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

If they go wr at 12, which it seems they will, and Carr doesn't get us to the playoffs, I think he's gone and he should be.

I don't think it's very logical to make blanket statements like this before we even draft. A million things can happen before or during the season, injuries, draft busts, suspensions etc. Its quite conceivable that Carr plays well and we still miss the playoffs. Carr could also play poorly and we make the playoffs, its all about his level if play for me. If we give him the tools and he plays poorly then we should not hesitate to look for an upgrade, but we shouldn't change just for changes sake IMO.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I don't think it's very logical to make blanket statements like this before we even draft. A million things can happen before or during the season, injuries, draft busts, suspensions etc. Its quite conceivable that Carr plays well and we still miss the playoffs. Carr could also play poorly and we make the playoffs, its all about his level if play for me. If we give him the tools and he plays poorly then we should not hesitate to look for an upgrade, but we shouldn't change just for changes sake IMO.

Mediocre playoff qb's are bleh.

I want to see confidence and moxie that I know he has. I think he'll let it fly with a WR he can trust and the full healthy offense (coughcough Lamb). 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mediocre playoff qb's are bleh.

I want to see confidence and moxie that I know he has. I think he'll let it fly with a WR he can trust and the full healthy offense (coughcough Lamb). 

Totally agree, Lamb is the receiver Id like to see us draft too.

• Like 5