Raiders sign QB Marcus Mariota (2 years, $17.6 M)

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761161cfcf851d71179eb9

I love it. After all the BS, gotta poke some fun though. 

Mariota isn't perfect by any means, but he solidifies our QB room. He can push Carr and that's what we needed.

Now we can focus on building up the roster, something I've been banging the table for for two years. Nice to see it coming to fruition.

• Like 2

Carr at qb, Brady at qb....whoever at qb.lol if they move Carr, so be it, I can’t control that. If they stick with Carr, I’m behind that 100%. At least if whoever starts got hurt I wouldn’t be soiling myself. In all seriousness, y’all know if Carr would’ve gotten hurt last yr we don’t win 4 games even(unless we already did when he theoretically did.lol!) peterman, Kizer and glen-on inspired 0 confidence in all of us, maybe even like -10 confidence.lol. Best qb situation we’ll have had in a few years. Now for the dollars plz before i sign on completely. In grudock we trust!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Does anyone get a weird feeling that we're going to trade Carr now? Haha. I'm probably paranoid from years of being a Raiders fan but maybe we were holding off shipping him out until we had a semi-viable starter in place. Would be wild no doubt.

Only if we get an offer we can’t refuse. I see us getting a CB and another LB tomorrow.

Mariota was never truly the same after he broke his leg in 2016, the same day Derek Carr broke his. Strange concidence now.

Just go click on this this twitter thread, go through and see where he was before the injuries/constant change of coordinators/whatever, affected him.

I still believe this Mariota is there somewhere in the current version of him. If Gruden can find a way to get him to play anywhere close to this version of Mariota, you guys may have a hidden gem on your hands.

I'll be rooting for him.

• Like 1

Already saw some kind of thumbnail about how signing Mariota could link us to tags? Lmao! Don’t these crazy reporters have enough to write about today? I didn’t even bother, I’m sure it has to do with them both being Pacific Islander types and us being in Vegas, outta respect for SB I won’t say what I think that is. Lol and fwiw I’m not saying they won’t trade Carr, nobody knows for sure. But that kind of conclusion? 

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Mariota was never truly the same after he broke his leg in 2016, the same day Derek Carr broke his. Strange concidence now.

Just go click on this this twitter thread, go through and see where he was before the injuries/constant change of coordinators/whatever, affected him.

I still believe this Mariota is there somewhere in the current version of him. If Gruden can find a way to get him to play anywhere close to this version of Mariota, you guys may have a hidden gem on your hands.

I'll be rooting for him.

To piggyback, the twitter thread on this post is from 2017. This next one is from his impressive 2016 year.

Like I said before  I don't know if this Mariota is left in 2020. But it's worth the gamble for Gruden and Mayock imo. 

20 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

To piggyback, the twitter thread on this post is from 2017. This next one is from his impressive 2016 year.

Like I said before  I don't know if this Mariota is left in 2020. But it's worth the gamble for Gruden and Mayock imo. 

I do like that Mariota throws into tight windows better than Carr. That’s refreshing. Although Carr is definitely the way better pure passer.