The Texans trade...

mwalker

16 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If it werent for the fact we couldnt afford him, I wouldve been all for us trading for Hopkins.  

BoB is complete trash.  Makes me appreciate Colbert, even with all his flaws.

We could have afforded him assuming we traded back at least a little bit of salary like the Cardinals did. Hopkins is only making like 12-13 million per year and is locked up for 3 more years. One of the best bargains in the league which makes the trade that much worse.

Conner, #49, and a 4th next year or Vince Williams probably could have gotten it done.

42 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

We could have afforded him assuming we traded back at least a little bit of salary like the Cardinals did. Hopkins is only making like 12-13 million per year and is locked up for 3 more years. One of the best bargains in the league which makes the trade that much worse.

Conner, #49, and a 4th next year or Vince Williams probably could have gotten it done.

Im sure the Texans couldve gotten a first with a remotely competent GM.

On 3/19/2020 at 4:17 AM, jebrick said:

Michael Irvin had an interesting take on the trade.  Basically, BOB viewed it as a power struggle with Nuk so he shipped him out

A follow up article claimed Nuk's team was pushing for a 20mil/year new contract.

On 2020-03-17 at 12:10 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

If it werent for the fact we couldnt afford him, I wouldve been all for us trading for Hopkins.  

BoB is complete trash.  Makes me appreciate Colbert, even with all his flaws.

no chance rooney brings in BoB then when colbert retires xD