Week 3 Bengals @ Packers

MrCincinnati

49 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

The season was over once they lost to houston. I want this team lose so marvin can get fired, and so they can either get sam darnold or a LT

Being a fan is a lot more fun if you step back and realize that the outcome on the field shouldn't affect your personal happiness.  I know everyone wants to see a superbowl team.  But the reality is that with 32 teams, and the playing field not being even in terms of front office, coaching and personnel, your chances of seeing a super bowl in a given year if you're not a Patriots or Steelers fan is pretty low.  So just sit back and enjoy the games.  

Last Sunday was a good game.  After a slow start by a young team, they're going to be competitive as they get more experience.  You can root for a 2 win season, but it's not happening because they're too talented in many position groups.  If you need that to feel some sense of satisfaction, you're going to be sorely depressed.

#deep

41 minutes ago, Carson4MVP said:

I agree with this 100%. Why root for another 6-10 season in which no big changes are made next year. I want this team so damn bad that they have no choice but guy the team and rebuild. This is NOT a contending team. Not with this level of talent on the field and certainly not with this coaching staff on the sidelines. 

I don't think anyone is rooting for a 6 win season.  But having watched enough football in my lifetime, i can see that this isn't a 2 win team.  They're a young team going through some growing pains, and last Sunday showed they can be competitive.

Yes, some things are holding them back and it'd be awesome to see all those fixed.  But knowing they're going to win some games this year, why make myself doubly depressed by rooting for losses when it's not going to happen?

I predicted it before, but i'll say it again.  I think they go into the bye 2-3 and really PO some of you guys hoping for a total tank job and complete rebuild massacre of the front office, coaches and players.

33 minutes ago, theJ said:

I don't think anyone is rooting for a 6 win season.  But having watched enough football in my lifetime, i can see that this isn't a 2 win team.  They're a young team going through some growing pains, and last Sunday showed they can be competitive.

Yes, some things are holding them back and it'd be awesome to see all those fixed.  But knowing they're going to win some games this year, why make myself doubly depressed by rooting for losses when it's not going to happen?

I predicted it before, but i'll say it again.  I think they go into the bye 2-3 and really PO some of you guys hoping for a total tank job and complete rebuild massacre of the front office, coaches and players.

I think they will go 2-3 into the bye as well. I think everyone expects that. I want them to go all the way. I just don't see it happening. Anything less than a playoff win and its time to move on from the Lewis regime IMO.

5 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

The season was over once they lost to houston. I want this team lose so marvin can get fired, and so they can either get sam darnold or a LT

If you want a LT, which we all do, there are five or six guys that are that good for a top ten pick.  Lewis is not getting fired.  He will "retire" at season's end.

I agree any hope for a division crown is gone, but the wild cards are still up in the air.  

5 hours ago, theJ said:

I think the ceiling of this team is a 6 win season... most likely 4-12 Or 5-11. I'd rather them just lose them all to get a better pick and force some organizational change. 

After the thursday excrement extravaganza by Marv and Dalton part of me was ready to go full Randy Quaid on the season but last week proved that I don't have it in me to root for the tank job (even if it would get us the next great franchise QB.) As Beck said too many crappy seasons have come and gone for me to want that again when the next year's results were more of the same. 

While I have zero faith in Dalton anymore five straight playoff appearances are nothing to scoff at after what this franchise has endured. Hopefully Katie has enough control now to make the changes that need to be made after the season is over.

Archived