Lions sign LB Jamie Collins

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

He excelled on the Patriots. He has not played a single snap for the Lions.

This assumption that players can just switch teams and mirror previous success doesn’t hold true.

it might work, it might not. I’m of the opinion it won’t so time will tell.

Patriots scheme with former Patriots coordinator. You could be 100% right but it's as close to an ideal scenario for him than most other teams outside of Miami. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Doesn't that sort of imply that you're against signing any free agent? (If you are, that's completely reasonable. Just curious.)

No, not at all. I’m certainly not a fan of signing 30 year old players to contracts that represent a 10 fold increase in salary following a career year. Sometimes it works. Often it doesn’t.

The Dolphins just signed Kyle Van Noy also. Reuniting former Patriots. I think that’s an error as well.

Collins hopefully will provide better coverage of RB and TE than the Lions other linebackers. This deal also becomes more palatable now that Kennard has been released.

So far I’m not a fan of what they’ve done in free agency other than the Daniel signing. It’s a stop gap but they had to do something at the back up QB slot and Daniel is a huge improvement.

The rest is largely just churning players.

• Like 3