Jump to content
J_E_T_$

Jets sign George Fant

Recommended Posts

He’s about as good as what we have..not saying much. But damn if they don’t hit on some draft picks the line is still going to be a huge issue. And I want a WR somewhat early too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hes paid $10 mil per, hes definitely starting lol. This was a pathetic signing. Jets are awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10mill per makes him the 17th highest paid LT. When he graded out as one of the worst OTs in the nfl last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would have preferred resigning Beachum. The good news is only 13.7 is guaranteed (according to ESPN) so hopefully we keep this years cap hit low and push the rest to next year when the cap takes a big jump.  The bad news is, as @jetskid007pointed out, this was the guy we went after on day one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hand placement, initial punch are two biggest issues from what I'm seeing. That's like a Safety with bad eyes, you'll always be a step behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Click tweet, it’s a whole thread of videos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DowNY said:

just trying to find positives 

lmao that was awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s definitely better on the left side from the stuff I’ve seen in the past 6 hours and he knows it 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He’s definitely better on the left side from the stuff I’ve seen in the past 6 hours and he knows it 

 

Of course his goal is to start at LT. That doesn’t mean he’s worthy of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Of course his goal is to start at LT. That doesn’t mean he’s worthy of it

Of course not. 

Just looks like he started out at LT, played well, got hurt, they brought in Duane Brown, flipped Fant to the right side and he struggled but with Brown there there’s nothing for him. That could at least help with the consistency issues. I would say this shouldn’t stop us from drafting another Tackle if one is there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Of course not. 

Just looks like he started out at LT, played well, got hurt, they brought in Duane Brown, flipped Fant to the right side and he struggled but with Brown there there’s nothing for him. That could at least help with the consistency issues. I would say this shouldn’t stop us from drafting another Tackle if one is there. 

Obviously. But then we are in a situation of this. That rookie surely starts at LT or RT. I can’t say with confidence that Fant is better than Edoga. I actually would argue Edoga is better. So we then just gave 10mill per season to a guy that will either be a bad starting OT, a WAY overpaid backup/swing T or paid him and want to move his position to G (not the smartest). All 3 are bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Obviously. But then we are in a situation of this. That rookie surely starts at LT or RT. I can’t say with confidence that Fant is better than Edoga. I actually would argue Edoga is better. So we then just gave 10mill per season to a guy that will either be a bad starting OT, a WAY overpaid backup/swing T or paid him and want to move his position to G (not the smartest). All 3 are bad.

Have you watched some stuff on him? At LT he was good and he was just learning. At RT tho dreadful, just dreadful. Wherever he plays, he has to stick there or else it doesn’t him a disservice. I’ve seen mixed reviews on him. Some Seattle fans didn’t wanna lose him, some couldn’t care less. 

I don’t like Edoga at all, weak, small, just not might type of OL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not going to end good for us. Bc at the end of the day JD and Gase like different OLineman. JD likes maulers with strength. Gase wants a bunch of big TEs on his line that can move. It’s 2 totally different types of guys they like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×