Jump to content
J_E_T_$

Jets sign George Fant

Recommended Posts

This wasn't a day 1 move anybody saw coming. I thought the gm acknowledged how bad the o line is during his combine press conference and promised to make drastic changes to it. 

Hopefully JD is trying to just trade for Thuney and or Trent Williams. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Erncredible24 said:

This wasn't a day 1 move anybody saw coming. I thought the gm acknowledged how bad the o line is during his combine press conference and promised to make drastic changes to it. 

Hopefully JD is trying to just trade for Thuney and or Trent Williams. 

 

No way we get Thuney at this point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we did trade for Trent then I assume Fant would be looked at at guard? I thought they liked Edoga who would be our RT. Can Fant work at Guard? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, xenajets said:

If we did trade for Trent then I assume Fant would be looked at at guard? I thought they liked Edoga who would be our RT. Can Fant work at Guard? 

I think we have to accept that Fant is the LT at this point in time. 

Trent will cost draft capital and big money and that’s not what Douglas does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think we have to accept that Fant is the LT at this point in time. 

Trent will cost draft capital and big money and that’s not what Douglas does. 

Yeah I think looking through the reports we certainly see him being a LT option for us (things may change after the draft). 
 

If we don’t then spend big on the oline are we going to look at the pass rush maybe?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yeah I think looking through the reports we certainly see him being a LT option for us (things may change after the draft). 
 

If we don’t then spend big on the oline are we going to look at the pass rush maybe?! 

Have to. We're linked to Clowney and Fowler and still have Jenkins out there. I think Douglas is going to try and bring in both Clowney and Fowler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Have to. We're linked to Clowney and Fowler and still have Jenkins out there. I think Douglas is going to try and bring in both Clowney and Fowler.

At least that would sort our pass rush out for the future. I’d hope we would then cut Avery otherwise we’d be spending all our val on linebackers lol.

Still think we can bring in a centre like McGovern. Would hope we get Robby and Poole resigned today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, xenajets said:

At least that would sort our pass rush out for the future. I’d hope we would then cut Avery otherwise we’d be spending all our val on linebackers lol.

Still think we can bring in a centre like McGovern. Would hope we get Robby and Poole resigned today. 

Yeah. AW will be cut if we need his money. We still have FA's at ILB so we cant just cut him until we bring back Burgess and Hewitt. Cashman is still hurt.

I think Robby is gone honestly. Not worth the money.

Poole should return IMO.

Edited by KingOfTheDot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fant, only started seven games in 2018 & seven games in 2019. We need starters not backup swing guys getting 13 million dollars  GUARANTEED. I though for sure we would sign at least one top FA O line player yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah. AW will be cut if we need his money. We still have FA's at ILB so we cant just cut him until we bring back Burgess and Hewitt. Cashman is still hurt.

I think Robby is gone honestly. Not worth the money.

Poole should return IMO.

Yeah Mosley Hewitt, Cash and Burgess is more than enough. 
 

If Robby goes then that’s another hole to fill...can only rely on so much entering the draft can’t go in with big accusations needed all over the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yeah Mosley Hewitt, Cash and Burgess is more than enough. 
 

If Robby goes then that’s another hole to fill...can only rely on so much entering the draft can’t go in with big accusations needed all over the place. 

This is the year to need a Wide Receiver in the draft. Robby is good but his price is probably not something we’ll meet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

This is the year to need a Wide Receiver in the draft. Robby is good but his price is probably not something we’ll meet.

It’s not a good year to need multiple OLineman in the draft as well as multiple WRs. All at this rate that will need to start for our hopeful franchise QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s not a good year to need multiple OLineman in the draft as well as multiple WRs. All at this rate that will need to start for our hopeful franchise QB

But we weren’t going to fill every hole no matter what. The line is more vital than the weapons right now IMO. But we can still grab weapons on day 2, early day 3. FA isn’t over yet either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

But we weren’t going to fill every hole no matter what. The line is more vital than the weapons right now IMO. But we can still grab weapons on day 2, early day 3. FA isn’t over yet either. 

Who left in FA is filling a hole with confidence on the OL or at WR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Who left in FA is filling a hole with confidence on the OL or at WR?

4 OL signed. 1 was tagged.

Conklin wasn’t coming

Vaitai got 50M

Glasgow chose Denver

Flowers went to Miami

Thuney was tagged

2 Receivers were traded(1 to the other conference and another for a haul of picks we didn’t have)

Cooper got 100M, we weren’t doing that. 

whos left?

McGovern, Looney, Haeg, Williams, Hurst, Lewis.

Sanders, Perriman, Richardson, Gabriel, Dorsett.

Sexy names? No but some could be effective for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×