Stephon Anthony to the Dolphins

Mid Iowa

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I suppose it's better than nothing at this point. He's buried behind Teo, Klein, Robertson. Unfortunately a waste of a 1st round pick, but it happens to every once in awhile to every team

Anthony now... Vaccaro likley soon, i sure hope loomis is just trying to stockpile as many picks as he can to help the rebuild around a new coach!

If so dont stop there...

Vaccaro

Peterson

Fleener

Even Brees if possible!

4 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Anthony now... Vaccaro likley soon, i sure hope loomis is just trying to stockpile as many picks as he can to help the rebuild around a new coach!

If so dont stop there...

Vaccaro

Peterson

Fleener

Even Brees if possible!

That's my point, if we're gonna trade our players to stockpile picks, there's no reason to not just trade everybody.  

7 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

If he does, Loomis/Benson need to can the entire coaching staff immediately! 

5th... pathetic. 

Im actually shocked they got that... Has anyone else caught on to how when Payton wants to trade a player he completley destroys the players trade value leading up to the actual trade? Almoat like hes looking to justify the trade before it happens... Like "see we needed to trade him because hes terrible, his fault not ours".

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Im actually shocked they got that... Has anyone else caught on to how when Payton wants to trade a player he completley destroys the players trade value leading up to the actual trade? Almoat like hes looking to justify the trade before it happens... Like "see we needed to trade him because hes terrible, his fault not ours".

I'm not sure about how anyone else was taught, but my business life instruction has been "buy low, sell high" or rather "acquire, build, sell high". Apparently Payton missed that class.

This trade (and events leading up to it) is continuing to become more and more pathetic. But time will tell, I suppose.

History:
Stephone Anthony was acquired in the 1st round, #31 in 2015. We got that pick from the Seahawks.

From Seahawks - Max Unger + #31 
From Saints - Jimmy Graham (who was a 3rd round pick) Jimmy stats don't look very "incredible" since he left NOLA
^^pretty good trade, in my opinion - although we lost a red zone threat.

Speculation:
Now, hind sight being what it is, we could have grabbed OT Donovan Smith (from Penn State. 6'6" 338lbs.) at #31 (he went at 34) to accompany Andreas Peat. I know, crazy, huh? Take 2 O-Lineman with your first 2 picks. FYI, Smith has started every game since.

Currently:
So, when it's all said & done, we get an All Pro Center (Unger) and a future 5th round pick, for a Red Zone target and 1000 yard receiving tight end (3rd round pick).

If we talk about good or bad trade, Fleener (not a Jimmy Graham) has 2 TDs this season, and is 80% on catches. Graham hasn't shown up yet this season, but had good stats last season coming off a wicked knee injury, so looks like an okay trade.

So is this Anthony trade bad, or typical? I mean, you never really know what you're getting, right?

2 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

History:
Stephone Anthony was acquired in the 1st round, #31 in 2015. We got that pick from the Seahawks.

From Seahawks - Max Unger + #31 
From Saints - Jimmy Graham (who was a 3rd round pick) Jimmy stats don't look very "incredible" since he left NOLA
^^pretty good trade, in my opinion - although we lost a red zone threat.

Speculation:
Now, hind sight being what it is, we could have grabbed OT Donovan Smith (from Penn State. 6'6" 338lbs.) at #31 (he went at 34) to accompany Andreas Peat. I know, crazy, huh? Take 2 O-Lineman with your first 2 picks. FYI, Smith has started every game since.

Currently:
So, when it's all said & done, we get an All Pro Center (Unger) and a future 5th round pick, for a Red Zone target and 1000 yard receiving tight end (3rd round pick).

If we talk about good or bad trade, Fleener (not a Jimmy Graham) has 2 TDs this season, and is 80% on catches. Graham hasn't shown up yet this season, but had good stats last season coming off a wicked knee injury, so looks like an okay trade.

So is this Anthony trade bad, or typical? I mean, you never really know what you're getting, right?

Depends... First need to know if Anthony is a bust or its just another hit aganist our incompetent coaching staff.

Archived