Stephon Anthony to the Dolphins

Mid Iowa

36 minutes ago, Raves said:

@whodatworm23 I think the reason he gives more "slack" to offensive players is that he's able to properly identify when someone is making progress, even if it is minimal.  I think with defense the only thing he can tell is the end result of a play to try to determine what's going on with them.

I didn't think about it this way, good point @Raves

3 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

Ya know, I can't believe I didn't see it before but you might be on to something. @whodatworm23 where is your faith man!? xD

Not sure how long youve been around but i didn't just all of a sudden jump on the fire Payton bandwagon. Ive been openly opposed to his meddling ways for sometime and disgusted with how he has ZERO accountability within this orginazation. Up till last season i was still trying to justify ways to give Payton the benifit of the doubt but eventually I just couldn't anylonger. At the conclusion of last season i stated that going into the 2017 season I would not allow any of the petty excuses to be excusses anymore and that I would be critical of Payton at every turn unless he showed clear improvments. Im simply following up on my word and its up to Payton to prove me wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I can dig up old threads from 2014 and find guys wanting to fire Payton and trade Brees.  The fire Payton Bandwagon has been rollinfg for a long time.  Although I myself stayed off of it until last season.

Ill put mine out there in the open... I openly called for Payton to be held accountable since he hired Rob Ryan.

Then even through the next season when they went to the playoffs with Ryan and i was called crazy for it. 

I continued througj the next couple seasons until actively calling for his job last season to now.

3 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Not sure how long youve been around but i didn't just all of a sudden jump on the fire Payton bandwagon. Ive been openly opposed to his meddling ways for sometime and disgusted with how he has ZERO accountability within this orginazation. Up till last season i was still trying to justify ways to give Payton the benifit of the doubt but eventually I just couldn't anylonger. At the conclusion of last season i stated that going into the 2017 season I would not allow any of the petty excuses to be excusses anymore and that I would be critical of Payton at every turn unless he showed clear improvments. Im simply following up on my word and its up to Payton to prove me wrong. 

We were joking with you, Worm. You and I have been talking about canning this guy since the day I joined the forum.

Yea, no worries. I haven't 'actively' been around long, but I was lurking for a while and I do know that you've been ready to move on and start fresh with a defensive-minded head coach. To take it a little further, I've always seen you as THE GUY when it comes to keeping it real when many of us want to hang on to hope. Your thoughts are very much appreciate around here ^_^

3 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

Yea, no worries. I haven't 'actively' been around long, but I was lurking for a while and I do know that you've been ready to move on and start fresh with a defensive-minded head coach. To take it a little further, I've always seen you as THE GUY when it comes to keeping it real when many of us want to hang on to hope. Your thoughts are very much appreciate around here ^_^

Appreciate that...

Ya know its not Payton Hate'n... Its just demanding some accountability. Im sick of hearing about how were rebuilding then 2 years into it... Well we made some mistakes but were on the right track now. 

Thats bull man... Thats just someone despertly trying to maintain his position by acting like he has a grasp of the situation when in actuallity Payton had lost all sense of what and where this football team is and what there not a long time ago.

Honestly... Looking back on it this franchise would have been much better off had they fired him after Bounty Gate but thats just my opinion. The absoulte worst decision was giving him a 45 million dollar ext for mediocrity when he was spewing the same old tired excuses then that he is now.

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Im sick of hearing about how were rebuilding then 2 years into it... Well we made some mistakes but were on the right track now. 

I agree that he needs to be held accountable for his mistakes, but I also think the overall process (scouting, drafting, etc.) seems to be heading in the right direction and Payton knows it. Let's say he was here to stay no matter how much we gripe about it, I think another solid draft or two along with the development of our younger players could really turn into something special.

However, his coaching has grown stale and THAT is the main reason I'm ready to part ways with him. Give our players a different program where they are not so comfortable and where they are not so fine with losing. Give them proper development.

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Payton Hate'n

:D Good one

31 minutes ago, BossierWhoDat said:

I agree that he needs to be held accountable for his mistakes, but I also think the overall process (scouting, drafting, etc.) seems to be heading in the right direction and Payton knows it. Let's say he was here to stay no matter how much we gripe about it, I think another solid draft or two along with the development of our younger players could really turn into something special.

However, his coaching has grown stale and THAT is the main reason I'm ready to part ways with him. Give our players a different program where they are not so comfortable and where they are not so fine with losing. Give them proper development.

:D Good one

Remember the 2015 draft... We heard the same crap about that class as well. Oh we turned it around, were heading in the right direction.

The truth is it dosnet matter... NO players will develop into defensive stars in this crappy defense and the borderline players or even role players will ne off the team or out the leauge within 4 years. I could care less if the scouting has improved if the scheme dosent change. Ita all for not IMO. However its not just defensive scheme or Paytons meddling ways. Payton also has no concept of what complimentary football is either. 

His next course of action will be to turn on Brees... Mark my words, convincing managment that its time to bring in a young QB amd hes the guy to coach him  is a sure fire way to buy yourself another couple years.

I wouldnt be shocked to see Brees go and Payton stay this offseason and the Next QB of the Saints become Jimmy G.

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Remember the 2015 draft... We heard the same crap about that class as well. Oh we turned it around, were heading in the right direction.

The truth is it dosnet matter... NO players will develop into defensive stars in this crappy defense and the borderline players or even role players will ne off the team or out the leauge within 4 years. I could care less if the scouting has improved if the scheme dosent change. Ita all for not IMO. However its not just defensive scheme or Paytons meddling ways. Payton also has no concept of what complimentary football is either. 

His next course of action will be to turn on Brees... Mark my words, convincing managment that its time to bring in a young QB amd hes the guy to coach him  is a sure fire way to buy yourself another couple years.

I wouldnt be shocked to see Brees go and Payton stay this offseason and the Next QB of the Saints become Jimmy G.

I wouldn't mind taking on Jimmy G.  If it means keeping Payton and historically bad defense, then I'll pass.  But Jimmy G for Brees isn't a bad option at Brees current age.  I'd hate to get rid of Brees if he's still playing at a high level, but it's too late for him to get another ring here if it can't happen this year, and we might as well part ways.

21 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

I agree that the scouting is heading in the right direction, even the FA acquisitions. The issue is what we're doing with what we get. You can have the fastest car in town, but it's a stick shift and you can only drive an automatic. Well, you're not winning any races that way.

Time for a new driver.

Archived