Stephon Anthony to the Dolphins

Mid Iowa

36 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

So is this Anthony trade bad, or typical? I mean, you never really know what you're getting, right?

I like your post Iowa. I know we're frustrated, but we could very well get a good player with that 5th next year. We got Unger from Jimmy and in my eyes thats an even trade. Anything else we get is bonus. Anthony is fortunate we traded him and i'm happy we get another chance to pick someone else. It's not THAT bad.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm not sure about how anyone else was taught, but my business life instruction has been "buy low, sell high" or rather "acquire, build, sell high". Apparently Payton missed that class.

This trade (and events leading up to it) is continuing to become more and more pathetic. But time will tell, I suppose.

38 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Depends... First need to know if Anthony is a bust or its just another hit aganist our incompetent coaching staff.

That's why I said "time will tell". 

Part of me wants him to kick butt, the other part of me wants him to stay the same. All of me wants these coaches gone.

12 minutes ago, BossierWhoDat said:

I like your post Iowa. I know we're frustrated, but we could very well get a good player with that 5th next year. We got Unger from Jimmy and in my eyes thats an even trade. Anything else we get is bonus. Anthony is fortunate we traded him and i'm happy we get another chance to pick someone else. It's not THAT bad.

Saints might start stock piling picks in order to trade up if have to to secure one of the top QB in this draft.

Personally i like the Oklahoma State kid

Vaccaro likley the next to help acquire picks to aid in this.

By trading Anthony this regime basically put themselves in a lose lose situation...

If he fails in Miami then there (NO FO) isnt off the hook because it was them who wasted another 1st round pick.

If he excels in Miami its another raw talented player they let get away because of coaching (ie Akiem Hicks).

All that for a 5th round pick... Lol

This FO is so incompetent its actually funny!

18 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

If he excels in Miami its another raw talented player they let get away because of coaching (ie Akiem Hicks).

Jenkins too. He's still the biggest wtf moment defender the Saints couldn't make work out.

the kid was making plays in the Super Bowl as a rookie. I remember he had one pass breakup, and IIRC committed a perfect DPI that wasn't called. We should've known then it was a coaching issue.

3 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Our most recent one had his heart amputated a week later.

xDxDxDxDxD

wish I could like this more than once.

not that the dude had to go through heart surgery, that is very sad. I mean referring to it as an amputation.

25 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

When was the last successful trade we got for a late pick? Our most recent one had his heart amputated a week later.

Have we ever gotten any player of value for a later pick? That's not a good trend.

Vilma?  Or did he cost more than I remember.  Also Shockey I don't think cost us much.

21 minutes ago, Raves said:

Vilma?  Or did he cost more than I remember.  Also Shockey I don't think cost us much.

I thought Vilma was a 3rd or 4th - Coming off a knee injury and Injury Reserved, so a craps shoot that actually paid off.

Shockey was (I had to look this up) a 2nd and 5th round pick. Seems steep for a Tight End, but he got the job done, I guess.

I guess when I was saying "later pick" I talking about 4th or 5th round picks. This could be a long discussion about variables, so I'll just assume I'm still mad about sending a first round pick away for a 5th.

2 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Jenkins too. He's still the biggest wtf moment defender the Saints couldn't make work out.

the kid was making plays in the Super Bowl as a rookie. I remember he had one pass breakup, and IIRC committed a perfect DPI that wasn't called. We should've known then it was a coaching issue.

Yeah, eventually the Ohio State coaching just got covered up by the Saints coaching.

5 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Shockeys presence was very under the radar. He brought an attitude that Sean Payton's finnesse offenses have been lacking for years. 

That may have come off wrong. I loved Shockey on our team. I even told my wife, I hated him...until he played for us. I totally agree, he had the perfect attitude for the team at the time.

Just when I thought I couldnt hate Sean Payton more right now... His comments on the Stephone Anthony trade should offend ALL Saints fans.

He called it a "development and health issue" that lead to the trade. First off your unhappy with his development yet in his first season at MLB he broke the Saints tackle record while flashing the athletic ability we havent seen from the position in years. Was it all great, NO but he was a rookie on a terrible defense that needed to continue to develop. So hiw do the Saints and Payton aid in that development? Move him to two different position over the next 2 years while cutting his playing time over 90% and publicly labling him a dumba** who cant remember his plays.

Wow... Talk about a top notch development program ugh!!!

So Payton wasnt pleased witj Anthonys development and progress... WHAT ABOUT PAYTONS DEVELOPMENT AND PROGRESS!!! If thats how Payton feels aboug Anthony then how should Saints fans feel about Payton?

As far as Payton bringing up Anthonys injury history... PLEASE, give me a break! We can literally make that commet about every single player Payton has brought into this franchise on the roster. Its funny though... Anyone else notice how offensive players are cut more slack and given much more leeway than dedensive players?

Just saying

Archived