Vikings trade WR Stefon Diggs and pick to Bills for 4 picks

RaidersAreOne

On 3/18/2020 at 2:31 PM, HeydudemanG said:

Theilen is and has been our clear number 1 receiver with no debate for the last 2 years. Just because you like the non home grown Diggs over Theilen thats beyond me. How can you sit here and say anything else. Don't make me pull up the numbers.... Its really not even a debate.

I can also pull up numbers that show other wise. Games without diggs, thielen has not gotten near 100 yards since 2016. I can easily argue stefon diggs, who takes the number one corner AND gets safety help, has opened mismatches for thielen who primarily plays in the slot. Yes thielen was the pro bowler and thielen got more targets, but football is a game of mismatches. There is no number 2 corner in football that can stop him and we took advantage of that. Now he will be shadowed by the Desmond Trufants and pat Peterson’s of the world and he will face constant doubles without diggs. To sit here and think thielen is so much better because he finished season two years ago with more targets is asinine 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I can also pull up numbers that show other wise. Games without diggs, thielen has not gotten near 100 yards since 2016. I can easily argue stefon diggs, who takes the number one corner AND gets safety help, has opened mismatches for thielen who primarily plays in the slot. Yes thielen was the pro bowler and thielen got more targets, but football is a game of mismatches. There is no number 2 corner in football that can stop him and we took advantage of that. Now he will be shadowed by the Desmond Trufants and pat Peterson’s of the world and he will face constant doubles without diggs. To sit here and think thielen is so much better because he finished season two years ago with more targets is asinine 

Okay you don't have any facts to back that up. Here's a fact. Theilen has had more targets and catches every year they've been in the league how about that, and I don't even have to look up any stats yo know that. When we need a big play we have 1 guy who never drops the ball. As much as I miss my boy Diggs he's never been our go to guy.

4 hours ago, HeydudemanG said:

Okay you don't have any facts to back that up. Here's a fact. Theilen has had more targets and catches every year they've been in the league how about that, and I don't even have to look up any stats yo know that. When we need a big play we have 1 guy who never drops the ball. As much as I miss my boy Diggs he's never been our go to guy.

For one I literally said that in my post, thielen has more targets and I explained why. Number two, you said thielen doesn’t drop the ball for big plays as if diggs does? Diggs had some terrible drops this season, show me another season where he had big drops. Never mind the greatest play in Minnesota Vikings history, when the game and season was on the line, who got the catch and TD? Playoff game, who scored the only td grab we had? And I actually like thielen, but to think this wasn’t a 1a/1b tandem and talk as though thielen was head and above shoulders the clear cut man here is revisionist history. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

For one I literally said that in my post, thielen has more targets and I explained why. Number two, you said thielen doesn’t drop the ball for big plays as if diggs does? Diggs had some terrible drops this season, show me another season where he had big drops. Never mind the greatest play in Minnesota Vikings history, when the game and season was on the line, who got the catch and TD? Playoff game, who scored the only td grab we had? And I actually like thielen, but to think this wasn’t a 1a/1b tandem and talk as though thielen was head and above shoulders the clear cut man here is revisionist history. 

Diggs dropped the ball this year a bit. You're admitting Theilen has had more catches and targets the last 3 years. He's absolutely kirk Cousins favorite target.

Theilen is the number one always has been you're agreeing he's always had more targets when healthy. The only thing you've said is Diggs gets double teamed more and faces the number 1 corner. When he plays well sometimes teams will double him and put there top corner on him. Saying he's been our top receiver sounds delusional. All of the facts, stats, and even by your account saying Theilens targeted more. Theilen is our top guy. 

Your pride won't let you admit you're wrong. I can see you trying to use some facts that look misleading while Theilen was injured to make it seem like Diggs is better. And if you can't see the facts there's no reason to discuss.

We all thought they should have gotten Diggs more involved. We just didn't have room for him with the more solid Theilen when you ideally want to pass 10-25 times a game. That's why he wanted out.

And its exactly a 1A and 1B with Theilen 1AA1.

Edited by HeydudemanG

6 hours ago, HeydudemanG said:

Diggs dropped the ball this year a bit. You're admitting Theilen has had more catches and targets the last 3 years. He's absolutely kirk Cousins favorite target.

Theilen is the number one always has been you're agreeing he's always had more targets when healthy. The only thing you've said is Diggs gets double teamed more and faces the number 1 corner. When he plays well sometimes teams will double him and put there top corner on him. Saying he's been our top receiver sounds delusional. All of the facts, stats, and even by your account saying Theilens targeted more. Theilen is our top guy. 

Your pride won't let you admit you're wrong. I can see you trying to use some facts that look misleading while Theilen was injured to make it seem like Diggs is better. And if you can't see the facts there's no reason to discuss.

We all thought they should have gotten Diggs more involved. We just didn't have room for him with the more solid Theilen when you ideally want to pass 10-25 times a game. That's why he wanted out.

And its exactly a 1A and 1B with Theilen 1AA1.

It’s like you read my post but didn’t necessarily comprehend what I posted, but I guess you won’t get what I’m saying. One fact I do have is thielen is completely different when 14 isn’t on the other side. He has not had a 100 yard game by himself since 2016, and that’s because the main coverage switched to him instead of stefon diggs. When he had his 8 game stretch of 100 yards, game 9 he went for 4 catches for 22 yards. Coincidentally, that was the first game stefon diggs did not play in that season. That should show you right there how much of an impact diggs has. When thielen hasn’t played, diggs has had 140+ yards multiple times, and that was last  season alone. As of right now, thielen is now the unquestioned number one. No diggs to draw double teams or have shadow coverage, HE will get all of that now. If we don’t get someone remotely close to diggs talent level (which we won’t in the draft) thielen will struggle. This was a mistake and you’ll see this season. I don’t think Adam thielen is a scrub, but I also don’t believe he was the best on our team.