Vikings trade WR Stefon Diggs and pick to Bills for 4 picks

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

It doesn’t matter if I’m a Chiefs fan, Jags fan or Raiders fan, point remains, Josh Allen sucks.

He will hold that team back.

Seems like Allen was a playoff QB this year, what did Minshew do in during the playoffs, watch the game on his TV ??

2 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Seems like Allen was a playoff QB this year, what did Minshew do in during the playoffs, watch the game on his TV ??

Yeah, that top 2 defense and solid running game just latched on to Josh Allen's coattails and rode him into the playoffs.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

This might be the rare trade where I think both teams kinda won, or came out on top. At least at first glance; anything can happen. Diggs wanted out, and MInny managed to come away with a 1st rounder, while Buffalo got a damn good receiver while the only thing of substance they gave up was a 1st rounder. That pick is in the bottom 1/3, and the odds are against them picking a player as good as Diggs there. I realize the cost-control aspect of rookies is vital to building a winning team, but Diggs's contract isn't absurd either.

In fact, defying all established logic when it comes to NFL trades, the only person who lost in this trade is, once again, Bill O'Brien.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Blake Bortles was also a playoff QB.... what’s your point?

That's your best argument to support your absurd statement that Minshew > Allen.....pathetic....but as a Jags fan, I get you have to grab onto any sign of hope. 

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

This might be the rare trade where I think both teams kinda won, or came out on top. At least at first glance; anything can happen. Diggs wanted out, and MInny managed to come away with a 1st rounder, while Buffalo got a damn good receiver while the only thing of substance they gave up was a 1st rounder. That pick is in the bottom 1/3, and the odds are against them picking a player as good as Diggs there. I realize the cost-control aspect of rookies is vital to building a winning team, but Diggs's contract isn't absurd either.

In fact, defying all established logic when it comes to NFL trades, the only person who lost in this trade is, once again, Bill O'Brien.

I think Diggs' personality is a REAL problem. I remember when he was in college he had a LOT of bad buzz in college park, and that's why he tanked in the draft and the local teams passed on him. Obviously, he hasn't done anything super terrible as a pro. But, being the diva PITA that he's been is not a risk I'd take for an up and coming QB and team.

Also, there are at least 5 WRs in this draft I value on a rookie contract more than Diggs. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

In 8 of his 14 starts Minshew led his team to...

points.

Yiiiiiiikes

Cool. Because the topic at hand is Minshew/Jaguars.

Doesn't change the fact that Josh Allen is one of the least accurate passers in the NFL and in fact, bad.

Edited by .Buzz