Bills acquire WR Stefon Diggs

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Reading through the first few pages- it's clear some of y'all hadn't had the pleasure of watching much of Diggs. It seems he was stereotyped as a deep threat WR, which he is, but his route running is top-tier, so he's not a one trick pony. Intermediate routes, screens, deep routes, etc...he can do it all and he has reliable hands with the ability top make those contested catches. 

He's a beast. A unit. He reminds me a ton of Antonio Brown. Of course, AB in his prime was incredible, so I'm not going to project Diggs having quite the impact that AB did, but their playing styles are very similar.

Tbh, he is having that same impact that brown did. It’s like I said plenty of times before, this kid is a superstar that had a leash around his neck because of our stupid 1940s style of play. Treat this man like a number one and he will help you get to the promise land. In 2017 he was a very vicious redzone threat as well, i remember him having 2 tds where he mossed his defender with a fade route. We should have traded thielen instead tbh. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, HeydudemanG said:

Hey Vikings fan here.

Diggs has been playing great for you guys as expected. Is there any regret you didn't just draft Justin Jefferson in hindsight, or are you guys just happy with the top 5 receiver.

No regrets here.. Diggs is/was better for Allen's development which is as important as the skill set Diggs brings catching the ball.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HeydudemanG said:

Hey Vikings fan here.

Diggs has been playing great for you guys as expected. Is there any regret you didn't just draft Justin Jefferson in hindsight, or are you guys just happy with the top 5 receiver.

I have zero regrets. The Bills offense isn’t what they are today without Diggs coming aboard. Adding Diggs helped expedite the growth of Allen in year 3 as well as the rest of the offense. No rookie WR was doing that this year.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2020 at 3:21 AM, HeydudemanG said:

Hey Vikings fan here.

None what so ever, whil Jefferson would have been a cheaper option he is also a rookie and would need room to grow while Diggs is a veteran and is helping Allen grow. The only thing I would have done over the Diggs trade is make a move for Hopkins with only a 2nd rd pick to give up, but financially the diggs move was better.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 3:21 AM, HeydudemanG said:

Hey Vikings fan here.

Vikings fan here I woulda kept diggs and traded thielen for pick 22. Diggs and Jefferson is a scarier site being as though Diggs > Thielen.

On 12/17/2020 at 10:25 AM, soflbillsfan said:

Fairly long but a good article about Diggs on Espn. Worth a read to those who want some understanding about the trade. 

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30532083/stefon-diggs-buffalo-miracle-man

Finally had time to sit down and read the article and watch the video. Great piece. Glad he’s on our team. He is an alpha and I see no issues getting him the ball as much as possible. 

On 12/17/2020 at 3:25 AM, Illadelegend215 said:

Vikings fan here I woulda kept diggs and traded thielen for pick 22. Diggs and Jefferson is a scarier site being as though Diggs > Thielen.

Yea, that does sounds like a more electric duo.

But aside from Adam Thielen being from MN and a hardcore Vikings fan himself so a great hometown hero for us. He's definitely always been our number 1 receiver while they've been in the league.

I think both of them them competing helped them both progress. Adam honestly is just more sure handed and if you throw it his way he always catches it, that's like his forté.

Diggs is more. Of a take the speedster playmaker but I'm fine with Jefferson who seems a lot happier than Diggs. And costs the franchise a lot less.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HeydudemanG said:

But aside from Adam Thielen being from MN and a hardcore Vikings fan himself so a great hometown hero for us. He's definitely always been our number 1 receiver while they've been in the league.

I think both of them them competing helped them both progress. Adam honestly is just more sure handed and if you throw it his way he always catches it, that's like his forté.

Diggs is more. Of a take the speedster playmaker but I'm fine with Jefferson who seems a lot happier than Diggs. And costs the franchise a lot less.

Worked out for everyone involved, let’s just leave it at that.

On 12/18/2020 at 9:43 PM, HeydudemanG said:

It’s crazy how literally two years ago they both were hands of glue, now they drop a lot more passes. Thielen has 7 drops and diggs has 8 this season. 

On 3/17/2020 at 3:37 AM, BillsGuy82 said:

Grabbing a WR whose strength plays into Allen's weakness was stupid

Allen cant throw a deep ball. Diggs wasn't the WR we needed. Contract is nice but we over paid and have taken ourselves out of Lamb and Jeudy

Man I remember reading this comment the day it happened and laughed to myself. I remember feeling so excited for you to see what you truly picked up. Still wish you had cedee or jeudy now? Lol I am just so proud to see Stefon Diggs reach his full potential. I will always go for my Vikings, but for the first time in in my life I have a team in the AFC and I hope you guys can get some hardware this He is a great teammate that brings swag and moxy to the locker room and the field. He has attitude, and he is one of the 5 best receivers in all of football and could realistically challenge as the absolute best. Can’t wait to watch y’all in the playoffs.

• Like 1

I found it interesting that there was a blurb during the Vikings game yesterday that caught Jefferson screaming F Kirk on over throwing me. I wonder if this is just a quick lash at a frustrated wr or if this will be depicted as something more between the rookie and qb. Media picked up on it and made it worse then what it was for diggs when he was frustrated. 

On 12/20/2020 at 8:05 AM, Illadelegend215 said:

Man I remember reading this comment the day it happened and laughed to myself. I remember feeling so excited for you to see what you truly picked up. Still wish you had cedee or jeudy now? Lol I am just so proud to see Stefon Diggs reach his full potential. I will always go for my Vikings, but for the first time in in my life I have a team in the AFC and I hope you guys can get some hardware this He is a great teammate that brings swag and moxy to the locker room and the field. He has attitude, and he is one of the 5 best receivers in all of football and could realistically challenge as the absolute best. Can’t wait to watch y’all in the playoffs.

I can admit when I'm wrong but was that  comment far fetched at the time? nope. Not a Bills fan on this planet that expected this massive step from Allen. We all expected moderate improvement but not what we have lol.

And CeeDee Lamb is a stud, not sure why hes mentioned lol. I'd be happy with him hypothetically as well. He has Hopkins potential