Bills acquire WR Stefon Diggs

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

What kind of stat-line do you think we should expect from Allen this season? 

Wins are obviously the most important, but an offense that scores more than 19.6 a game will go a long way.

Would be nice to see Allen hit 30 TD 

I'd take the under 30 but that a nice bench. 

3,250 yards 27-10 

560 rushing yards, 8 TD

I want a 62+ completion %

I think Diggs is really going to open things up for the guys Allen already has great chemistry with. I don't see 30 TD's being that far out of reach. If he takes the same steps he did going from year 1 to year 2, year 3 should have some nice things in store for us. Still have the draft to improve the offensive depth too.

I really want another dynamic playmaker, specifically at RB. Having two young backs would be so exciting. Not opposed to Melvin Gordon or Gurley for the right price either. 

16 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'd take the under 30 but that a nice bench. 

3,250 yards 27-10 

560 rushing yards, 8 TD

I want a 62+ completion %

I think the yardage is too low. That's barely averaging over 200 yards a game. I think 3,700 yards should be about a minimum. (of course if we were blowing out teams and could just run the entire second half that would be different).

3 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

I think Diggs is really going to open things up for the guys Allen already has great chemistry with. I don't see 30 TD's being that far out of reach. If he takes the same steps he did going from year 1 to year 2, year 3 should have some nice things in store for us. Still have the draft to improve the offensive depth too.

I really want another dynamic playmaker, specifically at RB. Having two young backs would be so exciting. Not opposed to Melvin Gordon or Gurley for the right price either. 

Knox should be in for a big year with what Diggs will do to the back end of a defense. I am honesty gitty about the idea of Diggs deep, Beasley working the short and Brown/Knox working the middle of the field where Allen really excelled last year. 

I agree 100% about adding another playmaker and particular at RB. Gordon or Jonathan Taylor in round 2 would be sweet.

On 3/17/2020 at 3:37 AM, BillsGuy82 said:

Grabbing a WR whose strength plays into Allen's weakness was stupid

Allen cant throw a deep ball. Diggs wasn't the WR we needed. Contract is nice but we over paid and have taken ourselves out of Lamb and Jeudy

As a Vikings fan, you got a legitimate guy who could be a top 5 receiver given the opportunity. Diggs isn’t a one trick pony bro. He is called the BEST route runner in football for a reason. He can do just as well intermediate and short as he does deep. He is in the 93rd percentile in beating ALL coverages (man, zone, etc), and consistently is at the top of the entire nfl in contested catch rate. I would of rather of traded thielen so we can finally let diggs off the leash and be the all world receiver he is. He can definitely run an amazing deep route, but he can also play the slot just as well, or even the outside as you already know. 

Diggs is my favorite player in football, I’m def gonna be rooting for him to prove anyone who thinks he is just some borderline number 2, or he’s “only good because thielen carries him” all year. Will def tune into some games this year. Good luck and enjoy this monster you just got.

On 3/24/2020 at 7:09 AM, Illadelegend215 said:

Diggs is my favorite player in football, I’m def gonna be rooting for him to prove anyone who thinks he is just some borderline number 2, or he’s “only good because thielen carries him” all year. Will def tune into some games this year. Good luck and enjoy this monster you just got.

I appreciate the feed on him and being a non bills fan. So no bias on your take. I think he is going to do what he usually does, I just hope that he doesnt get frustrated early in the season if hes not getting the looks he is expecting as Allen has the chemistry already built with the other wr. Hopefully this opens up for Smoke to do what he does best as well as beasley. I dont really care about what they gave up for him as he is a proven WR and most of the time in drafts the WR can be a total c-ap shoot, getting diggs just means a veteran reliable wr for Allen to be able to take the next step at qb. Beane played it well knowing that Jeudy and Lamb werent going to fall and to move up with what they gave up for diggs in value  is around the 17-18 pick in the draft so they would have had to give up a lot more plus the unknown on whether or not the wr would make the next step at the pro level. Diggs has been doing his thing with guys like cousins, bridgewater, bradford and keenum so I know he is going to do just fine with Allen at Qb. He buys in to the bills culture then the offense should be firing on all cylinders next year.

12 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I appreciate the feed on him and being a non bills fan. So no bias on your take. I think he is going to do what he usually does, I just hope that he doesnt get frustrated early in the season if hes not getting the looks he is expecting as Allen has the chemistry already built with the other wr. Hopefully this opens up for Smoke to do what he does best as well as beasley. I dont really care about what they gave up for him as he is a proven WR and most of the time in drafts the WR can be a total c-ap shoot, getting diggs just means a veteran reliable wr for Allen to be able to take the next step at qb. Beane played it well knowing that Jeudy and Lamb werent going to fall and to move up with what they gave up for diggs in value  is around the 17-18 pick in the draft so they would have had to give up a lot more plus the unknown on whether or not the wr would make the next step at the pro level. Diggs has been doing his thing with guys like cousins, bridgewater, bradford and keenum so I know he is going to do just fine with Allen at Qb. He buys in to the bills culture then the offense should be firing on all cylinders next year.

No problem man. Trust me, he isn’t this “cry baby diva” the media portrayed him as. Diggs is a passionate band fiery receiver that wants to win. He becomes frustrated when he fails on getting open against double teams and when the offense becomes stagnant. If you watch the entire football game against the bears week 4, you’d understand why a top 10 receiver like him was getting angry. He was actually beating kyle fuller like a red headed step child, cousins was just looking at thielen or dumping it off to dalvin cook, OR we kept running it lol. When Kirk finally started passing it to diggs in the 4th, we actually started moving the ball down the field. 
Diggs only frustration was lack of offensive production as a whole. He won’t get mad because Allen overthrows him, he will be bothered if he is getting open constantly and Allen ignores him to make a play that DOES NOT work and you guys just can’t score. If he has 1 catch for 2 yards and you win, he won’t have any problems you’ll see. 

Due to lack of usage, ppl don’t realize how talented he is. Trust me he is far better than anyone in the draft, that includes Jeudy and Ruggs. You’ll see very soon that you have a receiver that can run the full route tree, can beat all coverages, and leads the league in contested percentage basically every year for the last 4 seasons. So even if he isn’t open, he is open lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

No problem man. Trust me, he isn’t this “cry baby diva” the media portrayed him as. Diggs is a passionate band fiery receiver that wants to win. He becomes frustrated when he fails on getting open against double teams and when the offense becomes stagnant. If you watch the entire football game against the bears week 4, you’d understand why a top 10 receiver like him was getting angry. He was actually beating kyle fuller like a red headed step child, cousins was just looking at thielen or dumping it off to dalvin cook, OR we kept running it lol. When Kirk finally started passing it to diggs in the 4th, we actually started moving the ball down the field. 
Diggs only frustration was lack of offensive production as a whole. He won’t get mad because Allen overthrows him, he will be bothered if he is getting open constantly and Allen ignores him to make a play that DOES NOT work and you guys just can’t score. If he has 1 catch for 2 yards and you win, he won’t have any problems you’ll see. 

Due to lack of usage, ppl don’t realize how talented he is. Trust me he is far better than anyone in the draft, that includes Jeudy and Ruggs. You’ll see very soon that you have a receiver that can run the full route tree, can beat all coverages, and leads the league in contested percentage basically every year for the last 4 seasons. So even if he isn’t open, he is open lol.

This is what every one is concerned about no one was able to go up and get the ball and the bills have had those issues for years. Allen has some accuracy issues but he has also had players dropping the balls on him. With someone able to go up and get the ball he should see better production on his stats this year and the bills will see less and less 3 and outs. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, soflbillsfan said:

This is what every one is concerned about no one was able to go up and get the ball and the bills have had those issues for years. Allen has some accuracy issues but he has also had players dropping the balls on him. With someone able to go up and get the ball he should see better production on his stats this year and the bills will see less and less 3 and outs. 

So literally everything I said he can do, he displayed it all yesterday. I told you, you guys have made josh Allen’s life so much easier by getting this dude. He isn’t even 27 yet which means he still hasn’t hit his athletic prime. Allen will be elite this year mark my words. I was watching yesterday, outstanding plays he made on the ground and in the air. Hope y’all win the super bowl for real. 

• Like 1

I loved this trade the moment it happened. Diggs was one of the few WRs available that I was okay giving up a first round pick for. He's a beast, and exactly what this team needed. Tough, elite route running, consistently makes the contested catches, multi- threat WR(deep, intermediate, screens, etc...)...if Allen becomes a franchise QB- Diggs will be viewed as a top-5 WR.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Hes been great. 

On pace for 112 - 1,400 - 6

Attitude has been great and hes been perfect for Allen's development. Easily worth the 1st round pick 

All you gotta do is scroll up and you’ll see I told you all so lol. Diggs was my favorite player on the Vikings, I knew what he was capable of and that’s why I got extremely pissed when we traded him away. This guy  is on target for an outstanding season and turned this offense into one of the scariest passing attacks in football. All Allen needed was a true number one, now that he has that it’s a wrap. 44 on the Seahawks? That is insane! 

4 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

All you gotta do is scroll up and you’ll see I told you all so lol. Diggs was my favorite player on the Vikings, I knew what he was capable of and that’s why I got extremely pissed when we traded him away. This guy  is on target for an outstanding season and turned this offense into one of the scariest passing attacks in football. All Allen needed was a true number one, now that he has that it’s a wrap. 44 on the Seahawks? That is insane! 

It seems like win/win for both teams. I also ❤️ Diggs. Hopefully the Allen-Diggs connection is one we Bills fans can enjoy for the long-term. 

Reading through the first few pages- it's clear some of y'all hadn't had the pleasure of watching much of Diggs. It seems he was stereotyped as a deep threat WR, which he is, but his route running is top-tier, so he's not a one trick pony. Intermediate routes, screens, deep routes, etc...he can do it all and he has reliable hands with the ability top make those contested catches. 

He's a beast. A unit. He reminds me a ton of Antonio Brown. Of course, AB in his prime was incredible, so I'm not going to project Diggs having quite the impact that AB did, but their playing styles are very similar.

• Like 1