Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

He isn't and I love Thilen. Diggs isn't a ton better, but we had 2 1500 yard wrs on reasonable contracts.

Anyone who doesn't think this is asinine, I don't even know man. Now I know how @ET80 feels.

Agree in a number of ways- Trading away Diggs is not what I would have done. Having 2 good wrs in the modern NFL was a great spot to be in. We needed to focus on the o-line and let the defense take a step back to do so...we did not need to trade Diggs (IMO).

I'm going to miss watching him go to work on Sundays. I really, really hope we don't return to the days of trotting out terrible WR cor(ps)es.

• Like 1

The man wanted out. If he wants out he shouldn't be made to stay.

It's not like the Vikings just traded him to get some picks like some on here advocated for Cook. You trade the guys who want out and try to keep the guys who want to stay. The pundits seem to think it was good compensation. 

• Like 3

I want guys who want to be here. As great a player as Diggs was, I never got attached to him. I appreciated what he did for us but I never wanted to run out and buy his jersey. Even before the rumors started I felt he was holding something back, so I did too. I wish him success in Buffalo.

Let's make the most of those draft picks.

Moss was great with kids too. not sure what the point is here.

they both showed a selfishness at times and a disrespect for being part of a team unless it was structured the way they interpreted as correct. it doesn't mean either of them were evil people or such.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Moss was great with kids too. not sure what the point is here.

they both showed a selfishness at times and a disrespect for being part of a team unless it was structured the way they interpreted as correct. it doesn't mean either of them were evil people or such.

But he’s been demonized as such, in the media as well as amongst fans on this site.

the vitriol towards him has been unfair. Even the Moss comparison doesn’t hold water.

I’ll ask again since no one seems to want to answer my question: Why doesn’t Adam Theilen get knocked for his outbursts and antics, which have been at least on par with, if not worse than Diggs’ over the years?

• Like 1

Seems like a pretty rosy picture from a reporter that generally supports the FO, but if this is truly the best they could do then they have a lot of work to do, and absolutely need, to deliver on the second half of this deal (the picks). I am pessimistic that this haul will deliver the talent and long term bargain that they had with Diggs on his contract.

38 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

But he’s been demonized as such, in the media as well as amongst fans on this site.

the vitriol towards him has been unfair. Even the Moss comparison doesn’t hold water.

I’ll ask again since no one seems to want to answer my question: Why doesn’t Adam Theilen get knocked for his outbursts and antics, which have been at least on par with, if not worse than Diggs’ over the years?

Thielen's antics happen more during the heat of games/post-game which can be rationalized by fans as his emotions just got the better of him during competition.  Or he really wants to win. However, Diggs's social media antics are more constant and feel calculated. His mixed and subliminal messages are something as fans you can't tie any answers to beside him being a diva.  Diggs, for the most part, got the same passed for his antics on the sideline that Theilen receive. Social media antics and fans feeling he didn't want to be here is why he got knocked more. On a side note, I said multiple times during the season I'm getting tired of Theilen antics also.  

Edited by dc_vikingfan
  • Like 2

This trade (and some general coronaboredom) has brought me out of hibernation.

The whining was getting old. This was a good haul for him. That said, I like the deal for Diggs and Buffalo as well. Allen needed a No. 1. He needed someone who can catch passes. The talent and catching ability isn't a concern for Diggs. This was a great trade for both sides.

• Like 2

While Diggs is a great talent, he was under utilized here, in a run heavy offense. Both Diggs & Thielen were utilized at for example 70% (2 years worth of data), so there is better asset utilization by doing Thielen at 100% and invest the resources 1st + cap into something else (to be used at 100% utilization).

To me it's obvious that it has to OL.

Through trade, FA & draft.

Do not use a day 1 or day 2 pick on WR, use it on OL \ DL .. guys who play 100% of the snaps. 

• Like 2