Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

The Hopkins trade was awful.....and I said the trade might be fair, but people are saying its a HAUL. That those late picks are important. 

I mean, it sucks compared to the Herschel Walker deal, that doesn't make it a bad deal.....

Yeah, the Hopkins deal has to be the worst deal we've seen since the Herschel deal.  

50 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Beating up on bad teams doesn’t make you a good team. 

Compared to 15-20 years ago, the entire NFL now is made up of bad NFL teams, so yes, in that context, it is.  

Edited by swede700

31 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Couldn't tell you but someone said that our 2 firsts are worth the 7 though I think.

It might end up being the worse value worse with who we drafted though

Here ya go:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Our two 1st round picks (22nd overall and 25th) are worth a total of 1500 points exactly, which is what 7th overall is worth.  You're welcome!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d bet that the Panthers wouldn’t give up the 7th pick for the 22nd and 25th picks. 

I think you'd win that bet.  Just a hunch, but what might make our 22nd overall pick quite valuable is that there might be one or more teams that might want to jump in front of the Patriots to draft Love.  Could turn that pick into 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I'd personally take the player at 22 that I was intending to pick at 25 and then use 25 to trade down with someone who wants to get ahead of Seattle or Baltimore.  I can't see the Patriots wanting to take Love, considering there's no chance that Love will be starting Year 1 for any team he's drafted by.  The Patriots would be better off getting one of the numerous free agent QBs still available...or hey, just trade with their in-division opponents and taking Josh Rosen off their hands.  Heck, Cam Newton may even be a good stop-gap QB for them (even if I think Bill would make him meltdown).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, perrynoid said:

I think you'd win that bet.  Just a hunch, but what might make our 22nd overall pick quite valuable is that there might be one or more teams that might want to jump in front of the Patriots to draft Love.  Could turn that pick into 2nd and 3rd round picks.

You're also making the assumption that the Patriots don't move up themselves.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You're also making the assumption that the Patriots don't move up themselves.

Obviously, teams would wait until we were on the clock and the Patriots had not moved up.  If the Pats did move up, then there would not be any basis for a team or teams to contact us about pick 22.

12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so Spielman turns a 5th in to a 1st and other picks, and with Harris might turn a UDFA in to a 3rd or a 4th or maybe even better, and will get a 3rd comp for Trae Waynes moving on...

yet still pitchforks are being sharpened.

tough crowd.

That's why we're practicing "social distancing."  :D

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so Spielman turns a 5th in to a 1st and other picks, and with Harris might turn a UDFA in to a 3rd or a 4th or maybe even better, and will get a 3rd comp for Trae Waynes moving on...

yet still pitchforks are being sharpened.

tough crowd.

That 5th round pick also has no desire to be here as well in the teams current state. 

Just now, vikingsrule said:

That 5th round pick also has no desire to be here as well in the teams current state. 

which i think is meant to be complimentary to Spielman from you, right?

it's like selling a house for a premium price, right before you decided it wasn't going to work out for you any more.