Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

Just now, HeydudemanG said:

4 picks including a 1st is impressive. Riggs was a 5th round pick.

How many players past round three ever start? If anyone thought diggs would be this good, he'd have gone in round one. Like the trade, but be realistic. Or not. No skin off my nose

8 minutes ago, HeydudemanG said:

Come on, that haul is impressive for any player. We can't be mad if he was unhappy and wanted out.

Its really a win win theres so much good talent in this draft and he himself was a 5th round pick.

With that said he's one of my favorite players.

We got a haul for an unimportant position. Its great.

I just worry that Spielman will spend yet another first round pick on WR, which is so stupid.

I loved Diggs, but we didn't need him. Thielen was always the #1. Olabisi Johnson and Alexander Hollins have some promise.

If we use our 2nd on a good WR (ie not just a return guy like Patterson) we'll be in very good hands.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

So I expect we’d all be on board with shipping Theilen out since he’s a bigger whiner than Diggs, right?

Thielen has been the more consistent player and seems to work better with Cousins. I just hope age and injuries don’t start to slow Thielen down. Like I’ve said, i wish there was a way to keep both players but it seems Diggs’ personality wasn’t going to allow for that. Therefore, I’m happy with the trade. This is a crucial draft for the Vikes and we’ve landed pick 22.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

How many players past round three ever start? If anyone thought diggs would be this good, he'd have gone in round one. Like the trade, but be realistic. Or not. No skin off my nose

All of our best and most key players, Theilen, Cousins, Hunter, Griffen. Where have you been? Lay off the Madden.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

We got a haul for an unimportant position. Its great.

I just worry that Spielman will spend yet another first round pick on WR, which is so stupid.

I loved Diggs, but we didn't need him. Thielen was always the #1. Olabisi Johnson and Alexander Hollins have some promise.

If we use our 2nd on a good WR (ie not just a return guy like Patterson) we'll be in very good hands.

I don’t think Johnson and Hollins have any more promise than maybe a 3 or 4. MN needs to get a veteran in here who can play, I wouldn’t trust a rookie WR to start day one. Not sure who’s out there. Didn’t really pay much attention to WR options because I honestly thought they’d figure this out before it got to a trade.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

You are just wrong here. By many many metrics. Losing your best offensive player for a lottery ticket is a bad move more times than not.

Diggs is a top 5 WR with a QB that refused to throw him the ball.

To say Cousins refused to throw the ball is flat out wrong....Diggs had 2 1000+ yard seasons under Cousins.....in 2018, he had to share receptions with Thielen. Last season, he got 1130 yards despite Vikings throwing at much lesser rate than most of the league...Cousins had like 29 pass attempts per game. That's a really low count. If you do consider the fact that Diggs had like 4 fumbles, he basically had a roughly 1200+ yard season while playing 15 games and the QB passing only 29 times per game. Diggs also accounted for almost half of air yards and led the league in 40+ yard receptions. imo bigger problem was Vikings strategy of going with a run heavy offense rather than Cousins not throwing it to Diggs.

Edited by upriser7
  • Like 1