Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

Adam Thielen has never shown the ability to beat a double team consistently, and it shows like a neon sign when Diggs wasn’t on the field. 

If you actually believe that Thielen is the better receiver than Diggs, you’re just wrong. 

We just traded away one of the best playmakers this team has had, one of the most efficient deep threats in the league, and a guy who just has a knack for making a big play in a big moment. Those players are hard to find. 

Instrad we are left with a 30yo slot receiver coming off of a torn hamstring, a mediocre (at best) offensive line, an often injured running back, and a quarterback who can’t create on his own, and has proven to be only as good as the team around him. 

But hey! Let’s marvel at the draft compensation they got. A late 1st, which we’ve seen such great returns from with this front office, and a few late round picks. Awesome! 

I’ve seen a team try so hard to remain mediocre. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

You are just wrong here. By many many metrics. Losing your best offensive player for a lottery ticket is a bad move more times than not.

Diggs is a top 5 WR with a QB that refused to throw him the ball.

Which equates to Diggs not being close to "top 5 in Minny" because we committed to Cousins. Hence, you move Diggs for assets, and use assets on the trenches.

I foresaw this move after the season, tho we'll see what we do with the draft capital

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Next question: which receivers should we be looking at in the early-mid 20's to replace Diggs.

We shouldn't be looking to replace Diggs with a 1st round pick. Plus Rick had a terrible WR in 1st round track record. In a run heavy offense, and Thielen as the #1WR, no WR is worth a high draft pick.

• Like 4

Considering-

- the team probably was at best competing for the division/ wild card playoff game this year

-Diggs not wanting to be in MN 

-this draft class is stacked at WR (legitimately 12 guys worthy of top 2 round picks).

This was absolutely the right move. The team should now go for like Reagor/Hamler early as speed slot guys and then like Tyler Johnson Pittman JR round 3.

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't like trading up for a WR but I'd love Jeudy.

We got a great haul for him. I wanted a top 15 pick, but I won't complain with #22 and a few late rounders.

Its just weird. We got more for Percy Harvin and he's half the receiver Diggs is.

Didn't we just get the 25th pick for Harvin?

Great trade.. get rid of AB ( cry baby when he doesn’t get the ball) and get players that want to be a team player with our picks.

There is one WR in FA that is very interesting. What about going after Robby Anderson? 6-3 WR that is only 26 years old and really never had a good QB.. could be a steal.

Then use our top picks ( 1-3 ) on fixing our O-line and D-line..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

Great trade.. get rid of AB ( cry baby when he doesn’t get the ball) and get players that want to be a team player with our picks.

There is one WR in FA that is very interesting. What about going after Robby Anderson? 6-3 WR that is only 26 years old and really never had a good QB.. could be a steal.

Then use our top picks ( 1-3 ) on fixing our O-line and D-line..

We don't have the cash to get Anderson. He is the best young WR on the market.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

My biggest issue with trading Diggs is the reason why Diggs wanted to be traded. Diggs wanted out because he didn’t like the scheme and direction that the offense was moving towards. And he wasn’t wrong. 

I supported firing rick, zim and letting cousins expire after this year, coupled with trading cook. It was obviously not going to happen. That's not the direction Zig wanted or was convinced to take. So got to put that behind and "on to Cinny"

• Like 3