Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

I like this a lot as long as one of our first rounders isn't a WR. I think Diggs was underutilized when Thielen was healthy, so I don't want to spend a first rounder just to try to replace what we just traded. Fill DT, OT/LG, and CB in the first two rounds and take multiple shots later in the draft/later in FA to find a WR2.

2 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Terrible. Legit star for a late first. Most of their picks are not stellar. Hughes. Bradbury. Ugh. 

Legit star who doesn’t want to be here? Don’t see the point in keeping him if he’s got issues with Cousins, who the Vikes are committed too, unfortunately.

if the Vikes don’t get immediate return out of both of these first round picks it’s going to be hard to be competitive this year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True I also wish it was higher but could get Justin Jefferson as long as Phili does not take him even though they probably will.  This gives the Vikings a crap ton of flexibility now in what to do and how to do it.  

Gives the Vikes what $5 million additional. Enough to sign Bailey and a couple other roster fillers maybe. The savings dont help much. But WR is clearly a freee agent AND draft need.

As i said earlier, WR was a need regardless. Now its become a top 3 need with CB & LT. 

I dont like this trade at all. AT ALL. I cant get behind trading a legit star WR for a late 1st and late picks. The only way i was behind a Diggs trade was if it was for a top 15 pick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric dunn said:

As i said earlier, WR was a need regardless. Now its become a top 3 need with CB & LT. 

I dont like this trade at all. AT ALL. I cant get behind trading a legit star WR for a late 1st and late picks. The only way i was behind a Diggs trade was if it was for a top 15 pick. 

Reports are he wanted out since OTA's though. I love Diggs, and I think he is a legit star, but if we weren't going to feed him the ball like a legit star and tension was going to build I think we did the right thing and got a solid return.

If they stay at these spots they just have to decide which one of these guys are the best and take them.

Justin Jefferson LSU JR WR
Denzel Mims Baylor SR WR
Tee Higgins Clemson JR WR
Lynn Bowden Jr Kentucky JR WR
Laviska Shenault Jr. Colorado JR WR
Jalen Reagor TCU JR WR
Brandon Aiyuk Arizona State SR WR
KJ Hamler Penn State RS SOPH WR

Love the special teams return ability of Bowden and Reagor, but they are more 2nd round guys.  Mims could go 1st round but arguably Jefferson is the only one that should, the rest are 2nd or 3rd rounders.  Would not mind trading back potentially.  Jefferson is the most similar to Diggs in terms of build and route running.  Not sure I would want Higgins but maybe, Aiyuk I would not want 1st round and same with Hamler.  

With the two picks these dudes become more into play at DT which is great, or if a OT falls that we can get would be great as well.

Neville Gallimore Oklahoma RS SR DT
Ross Blacklock TCU RS JR DT

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Gives the Vikes what $5 million additional. Enough to sign Bailey and a couple other roster fillers maybe. The savings dont help much. But WR is clearly a freee agent AND draft need.

The Vikings with this many draft picks will absolutely not keep them all, they cannot.  So there will be some deals and waiting for teams to trade back so they can move up no question.

Since when has the NFL traded like the NBA?  Never seen this much FA action and trades in one day that I can remember.

Edited by Ozzy

Just now, vikestyle said:

Reports are he wanted out since OTA's though. I love Diggs, and I think he is a legit star, but if we weren't going to feed him the ball like a legit star and tension was going to build I think we did the right thing and got a solid return.

Could have told him to suck it up, your under contract for the Minnesota Vikings. Dont wanna play? Then sit out. This isnt the NBA where players have alot of control. 

• Like 1

Just now, vikestyle said:

Agreed, no reason to keep him, he wants out then bye bye.  Get the hell out of here and have fun.  WR was a huge need for the Bills and they fill it with him so maybe everyone will be happy.

• Like 1