Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

Whether or not the guy wanted to play in Minnesota or not, there can be no denying that Diggs brought a heart for the game that helped to ignite the offense at times last year.  I think he's missed in the locker room as much as on the field.  It seems the only places where his "behavior" was a distraction was in the front office, and in Cousins' head space!

Edited by Virginia Viking
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

He's not a Viking anymore so I don't care what he does for the rest of his career. I think Jefferson has the potential to be alot better than Diggs was. Just need to be patient while he grows and gets better.

Hopefully, they can get him even more involved next week.

I don’t think Diggs cared about being 1A or 1B to Thielen. I think his issue was that he didn’t want to be #2 to Dalvin Cook. And quite frankly, Diggs earned to be the player that the offense centered around.

Diggs signed his extension before the 2018 training camp, after spending mini camps and OTAs working with JDF’s playbook. That was the offense that he was expecting going forward. To me it’s no mystery why Diggs’ cryptic tweets started shortly after Zimmer fired JDF and declared that this team was going to be a run centric, ball control team. 

whether he handled the situation correctly, or not, Diggs appears to be right. 

• Like 2

Management was inflexible to change the scheme to suit our star players.  We had 2 of the top 10 WR, but did not use them as such. I had no problem with Diggs acting out, as I agreed with him. 

Teams would kill for Diggs.

Who is to blame? Cousins and by extension, Rick/Zimmer.

Hope Diggs balls out, and this looks like an absolute terrible trade, coupled with my dislike of taking WR in the 1st round

• Like 2

The trade "had to be made" is likely true, but taking a WR in round 1 was a mistake given the OL, DB, DL issues this team has (and the fact they want to run a 1980s offense). Jefferson appears to have been quite good yesterday, but this team isn't build to pass a lot....and has Thielen.....

• Like 4
2 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I'm happy for Diggs and his success.

I am too. I hope the Bills even make it to the super bowl as I like Josh Allen and that defense they have. Regardless, I whole heartily beleive that trading Stefon diggs was a mistake. I honestly don’t know if Jefferson will be the contested catching savvy route running, double team beating guru that diggs is. And besides, with the way our offense is set up, we may wind up wasting Jefferson’s talent due to being super run first and thielen crazy. 

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

The trade "had to be made" is likely true, but taking a WR in round 1 was a mistake given the OL, DB, DL issues this team has (and the fact they want to run a 1980s offense). Jefferson appears to have been quite good yesterday, but this team isn't build to pass a lot....and has Thielen.....

I agree, but if Jefferson can be an elite receiver that diggs is, I wouldn’t necessarily mind it. I think zim will either get with the program or be removed for someone else that understands we have a top 11 receiver on our team in thielen. 

3 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

With the way things are going, that offensive philosophy might change soon.

On 9/28/2020 at 12:37 PM, PrplChilPill said:

But you can’t just materialize OL and DL because that’s what you want them to take. They team attempted to trade up for an OL, but it didn’t work. After that, there wasn’t an o-lineman really worth the pick. And they ended up with the OL (Cleveland) that so many wanted for the Vikings.

The Vikings addressed their DB issues in the 1st round, so I’m not sure why you think drafting a WR was a mistake there. Especially when only 1 DB was drafted between the time the Vikings drafted Jefferson and Gladney. And Gladney was the DB just about everyone was mocking to Minnesota. 

Edited by SemperFeist