Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Yeah that’s my mistake. I should have said latter.

Diggs wanted to be the front liner of the offense, he wanted to be the face of the franchise. And while I do think that he was a little bothered by the fact that Cousins has always seemed to have a better chemistry with Thielen, or that Thielen was predominantly viewed as the #1 receiver with Diggs as the #2. It was when Zimmer made the decision that this offense was going to revolve around Cook, and that Cook was becoming the face of the franchise, that’s when Diggs took his passive aggressiveness to new levels.

I still believe that the “Minneapolis Miracle” went to his head. 

Whether it be cousins or Cook. You don't run a modern day offense through the running back. It is now a passing league.

Cook is one of the best because he can run and catch.

4/7 SB winners were passing offense. The other 3 were the Patriots.

Majority of the teams beat were Passing offense.

If our goal is to win  championship, This Running the ball mentality needs to change.

You simply don't trade a WR, Diggs, on his contract. You change the offense, QB, whatever. You play to the strengths of your players.

Minnesota, is, and continues to be, a dinosaur.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i wonder what their comparative stats are over, say, the last 4 games.

Date      Rec        Yds         TD

Diggs                    11/5       10           93           1

11/8       9             118        0

11/1       6             92           0

10/25    6             48           0

10/19    6             46           1

Totals:                                 37           397        2

Jefferson             11/22    3             86           1

11/16    8             135        0

11/8       3             64           0

11/1       3             26           0

10/18    9             166        2

Totals:                                 26           477        3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Whether it be cousins or Cook. You don't run a modern day offense through the running back. It is now a passing league.

If our goal is to win  championship, This Running the ball mentality needs to change.

You simply don't trade a WR, Diggs, on his contract. You change the offense, QB, whatever. You play to the strengths of your players.

Sorry but you just don’t change the offense to make a disgruntled WR happy. 

And this “run the ball mentality” has this team with a top 10 offense that currently ranks 10th in passing touchdowns, and 6th in rushing touchdowns. And what should be a 7-3 record if the defense were able to hold up its end of the bargain. 

Not to mention you just saw San Francisco dominate the NFC and make it to the Super Bowl with this exact mentality. 

Winning a championship is about building a great all around team, and balance. Not whether the team is run first or pass first. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Sorry but you just don’t change the offense to make a disgruntled WR happy. 

And this “run the ball mentality” has this team with a top 10 offense that currently ranks 10th in passing touchdowns, and 6th in rushing touchdowns. And what should be a 7-3 record if the defense were able to hold up its end of the bargain. 

Not to mention you just saw San Francisco dominate the NFC and make it to the Super Bowl with this exact mentality. 

Winning a championship is about building a great all around team, and balance. Not whether the team is run first or pass first. 

Kyle Shanahan also build and schemes his offense to fit his players. Their run game works because of how good their Oline is and the use of the FB position.

I don't have access to the 2019 and 2020 numbers for DVOA, but I'd be interested to compare past, and present results.

Also the 10th best offense maybe misleading as we are 14th in 3rd down conversion rate at 43.27%,

1 in TD Red Zone Scoring efficiency at 78.77%.

26th in turnover ratio at -4.

The offense turns the ball over, and we don't convert on 3rd down. Yet, when we get to the redzone, we are hyper efficient. Our defense is bad, but our offense is just a much to blame in this "balanced team".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That route running is a thing of beauty.

And the thing is, that wasn't even as clean as what Jefferson did to that Jags' DB on Sunday.  I'm not even sure that was even the cleanest of what Diggs' has done to others in the past.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

I know it wasn't just you, but I think some people need to be eating crow on Allen this year

I'll eat a portion of that crow. Allen has progressed quite well.

In my defense, I was poking fun at you because of your over the top love for Allen more than actually ragging on Allen himself.

Maybe I would have been better off without a defense?

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 10:57 AM, twslhs20 said:

This is ridiculous. We had two electric WRs on the team. What if you change the offense to make Diggs happy and then Thielen or Cook get their feelings hurt? 

How did the Eagles and 49ers attempts to placate TO go? He still got pissy because he’s a diva. 

Diggs wasn’t happy. He obviously wasn’t happy they extended Cousins. He wasn’t going to be happy. It’s only a matter of time before he starts dragging down the Bills too. In the meantime, we turned a malcontent into a stud WR and more picks. 

I get it. You don’t like Spielman and Zimmer. I think they’ve run their course too. But trading Diggs was the right move seven days a week and twice on Sunday. 

• Like 1