Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

This is ridiculous. We had two electric WRs on the team. What if you change the offense to make Diggs happy and then Thielen or Cook get their feelings hurt? 

How did the Eagles and 49ers attempts to placate TO go? He still got pissy because he’s a diva. 

Diggs wasn’t happy. He obviously wasn’t happy they extended Cousins. He wasn’t going to be happy. It’s only a matter of time before he starts dragging down the Bills too. In the meantime, we turned a malcontent into a stud WR and more picks. 

I get it. You don’t like Spielman and Zimmer. I think they’ve run their course too. But trading Diggs was the right move seven days a week and twice on Sunday. 

This is really a silly post in my opinion. Are you seriously comparing Diggs to Owens?  I don't think Diggs ever reached the level of toxicity that Owens did on every team he was a part of.  Diggs was miffed with Cousins not getting him the ball when he was wide open!  I can't say that I really blame him.  He didn't make his displeasure known in the most mature way, but he didn't try to destroy his quarterback, offensive coordinator and head coach.  In the grand continuum of divahood, Diggs is a pretty minor point on the scale.

37 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

This is really a silly post in my opinion. Are you seriously comparing Diggs to Owens?  I don't think Diggs ever reached the level of toxicity that Owens did on every team he was a part of.  Diggs was miffed with Cousins not getting him the ball when he was wide open!  I can't say that I really blame him.  He didn't make his displeasure known in the most mature way, but he didn't try to destroy his quarterback, offensive coordinator and head coach.  In the grand continuum of divahood, Diggs is a pretty minor point on the scale.

Diggs may have been a minor diva, but there is no question he had to be moved.  While he maintained his professionalism for last season (likely because he was told that they'd grant his wish to be traded but he would have to be professional so they could), there's no question it would have gotten worse.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

This is pretty much the main reason why Diggs wanted out...has nothing to do with him hating Kirk or anything...he just didn't seem to like the run-heavy approach this management prefers and I am with him on that. 

While you and Stefon may disagree with the run-heavy approach, it may be the best approach for Kirk...to minimize his mistakes.  

37 minutes ago, swede700 said:

While you and Stefon may disagree with the run-heavy approach, it may be the best approach for Kirk...to minimize his mistakes.  

It’s not like Jefferson and Thielen are having bad years either. I get the gripe Diggs has, but at the end of the day, the Vikes run a heavy two WR offense and Kirk mostly looks at his two WR options. Rarely do you see a game where the TEs catch 8 passes. There were plenty of targets for Diggs. I’m glad Jefferson is a Viking.

• Like 3

It fits exactly what I’ve been saying since he started his passive aggressive tweets. 

Diggs signed his extension with the belief that John Defillipo’s offense was the direction that the Vikings were taking it. Once Zimmer started demanding a more run heavy approach, Diggs’ displeasure started. 

• Like 1

So Stefon Diggs made the pro bowl as a starter this season, most likely will make all pro. The man bet on himself and now he is flying high. It’s rare to see someone come out and perform like this under those circumstances. People thought he would be exposed, but not only has he proven that he is a superstar that teams can build around, but he has played a major role in Josh Allen becoming a top tier quarterback as well. Congrats Diggsy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Illadelegend215 said:

So Stefon Diggs made the pro bowl as a starter this season, most likely will make all pro. The man bet on himself and now he is flying high. It’s rare to see someone come out and perform like this under those circumstances. People thought he would be exposed, but not only has he proven that he is a superstar that teams can build around, but he has played a major role in Josh Allen becoming a top tier quarterback as well. Congrats Diggsy.

Allen fixed up his mechanics as well. That may have played a bigger role not only in Diggs success, but the Bills offense as a whole.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

And it seems that teams rarely find an equal caliber player at a fraction of the cost when their superstar demands to leave. And the Vikes did and it only took one draft. Truly a win win trade, just hope that Jefferson doesn’t sour on us too because of Zimmer’s inability to pull himself away from the offensive identity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

And it seems that teams rarely find an equal caliber player at a fraction of the cost when their superstar demands to leave. And the Vikes did and it only took one draft. Truly a win win trade, just hope that Jefferson doesn’t sour on us too because of Zimmer’s inability to pull himself away from the offensive identity. 

Listen, watching the way this kid plays, I can see that happening FOR SURE. He has a swag similar to diggs, feels like no one can stop him and the way he has balled he has a right too. If we do this foolishness over and over, Jefferson will definitely get tired of playing here and will want to branch out as well. Yes we have a Ferrari in the backfield, but we also have two Lamborghini’s out wide. Nothing wrong with driving that Ferrari, but when the Ferrari IS NOT working, then we need to use the lambo’s. Diggs realized that zim and coaching staff are willing to live and die by the one car, I hope they change that philosophy before Jefferson does.