Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

You are just wrong here. By many many metrics. Losing your best offensive player for a lottery ticket is a bad move more times than not.

Diggs is a top 5 WR with a QB that refused to throw him the ball.

You and others are upset because you defended the dude most of the year.  I argued with you and others about who was the better route runner between him and his teammate and you all defended him.  Of course you do not want to see him go, he is like your favorite Viking or whatever, even putting him up there with Randy Moss which is a freaking joke.  Again Randy is a Hall of Famer, Diggs has yet to even be a consistent Pro Bowler much less Hall of Famer. 

Fact is did he lead the team to long runs in the playoffs?  No.  Was his distraction good for the organization this off season and even during the regular season?  No.  Did he even want to be here or like Minnesota?  No.  So why keep him, just because?  Rather get nothing for him then that be better?  

And top 5?

Michael Thomas
Julio Jones
DeAndre Hopkins
Amari Cooper

Then take your pick for the 5th being Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Kenny Golladay etc.

Those top four Diggs is not even on the same planet as they are because of his lack of physicality, Michael Thomas is a beast who can get hit and take contact as good as anyone and Hopkins can really take contact and finish catches, Diggs is not like that.  But Josh Allen has a rocket so will see how great he is with him on the deep ball passes.  Maybe he will be able to take his game to the next level and become that consistent Pro Bowl/All Pro receiver, but I doubt it.  

15 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Spielman needs to redeem himself. His drafting in the first round just hasn’t been very good. Going back to 2012, what Harrison Smith, Rhodes, and Barr exceeded expectations and were building blocks for this team.

This is what scares me. Diggs while great can be replaced via building a stronger team overall on offense. For all the talk about what the Redskins gave the Rams for RG3. Rams did nothing with those picks. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Quite the haul for him. I only wish it cleared up more cap this year. 

Hate to see him go. He has been one of my favorite players for the last 15 years but I was getting tired of the cryptic tweets. I wonder if they try to get up and get one of Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs

I don't like trading up for a WR but I'd love Jeudy.

We got a great haul for him. I wanted a top 15 pick, but I won't complain with #22 and a few late rounders.

Its just weird. We got more for Percy Harvin and he's half the receiver Diggs is.

25 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

You are just wrong here. By many many metrics. Losing your best offensive player for a lottery ticket is a bad move more times than not.

Diggs is a top 5 WR with a QB that refused to throw him the ball.

The offense sputtered when Theilen or Cook were out. Diggs isn't a top 5 wr and he certainly isn't our top weapon. He's never been the best wr on his own team.

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HeydudemanG said:

Come on, that haul is impressive for any player. We can't be mad if he was unhappy and wanted out.

Its really a win win theres so much good talent in this draft and he himself was a 5th round pick.

With that said he's one of my favorite players.

A late first is impressive? 

Just now, TENINCH said:

The offense sputtered when Theilen or Cook was out. Diggs isn't a top 5 wr and he certainly isn't our top weapon. He's never been the best wr on his own team.

I’ve never been so close to using the ignore function.

• Like 1

Stefon forced his hand here, the GM even said he did not want to trade the guy.  Then with his pathetic look at me tweets, which were absolutely the case, the Vikings got to the point of they had to trade him or else he will have a fit.

Real question is do they not draft his brother in fear that Trevon has the same attitude problems his brother had?  Hopefully Trevon Diggs goes earlier and one of the other corners falls to the Vikings but will see, Diggs might be the best there and they might have to take him.

Just now, JDBrocks said:

Making lists of players when your arguments suck and are wrong, or writing rambling grammatically challenged sentences? Why not both?!

Maybe you should move to Buffalo then, and continue to kiss his behind.  Because you sure do it enough, maybe you could join his social media team and put out some more gem one liners.  

There is nothing about his skill set coming out of college that some of these other receivers do not have.  He has developed big time in the NFL and it took a lot of time and effort on his part but this baby game he has been playing the past two years, goodbye to all of that.  

2 minutes ago, Duluther said:

We are very lucky to get such a haul considering the situation. Now let’s make a good turn-around on this; use that pick 1st rounder to get a good, younger, cheaper player at a much more important position to our team.

Draft his brother! 😄