Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

50 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

The passing game just got even more conservative......a legit star, gone. For a late first. Good luck. I'm ready for this FO to be gone.

I've been thinking the same thing even before free agency started.  Unless this season goes far better than expected, I could see this being the last year for Spielman/Zimmer.

Here's a fun question... Did Diggs just watch the best years of his career go bye bye? I almost would be surprised if he was able to exceed 1,000 yards again given the Bills current situation. John Brown got 1060 yards last year in 15 games played. Diggs surely is better, but some of the production will be spread around there... also, it's not a given that Diggs plays 15 games a year. You also have the AFC east where all teams have outdoors stadiums. Obviously not a big deal with Miami, but that is a lot more outdoor winter weather he will be dealing with, which I can't imagine will help.

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what is our #22 and #25 worth together in a trade up?

If we hadn't just extended Kirk, my mind was going in the same direction as far as trading up... I was hoping we could move up and get a QB, and then let Kirk's contract run out and start our new QBoTF. Not happening with Kirks extension, though, and I would rather trade back with one of our firsts now... Possibly even for a 1st next year.

6 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

According the the trade chart, it would be 7 overall.

Not sure what’s better. Might prefer just to stay at 22 and 25 and get two starters. But if a true blue chip CB we’re there at 7, or maybe a stud LT, it’s tempting to think about.

2 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Here's a fun question... Did Diggs just watch the best years of his career go bye bye? I almost would be surprised if he was able to exceed 1,000 yards again given the Bills current situation. John Brown got 1060 yards last year in 15 games played. Diggs surely is better, but some of the production will be spread around there... also, it's not a given that Diggs plays 15 games a year. You also have the AFC east where all teams have outdoors stadiums. Obviously not a big deal with Miami, but that is a lot more outdoor winter weather he will be dealing with, which I can't imagine will help.

yup, yup, and yup.

Just now, NorthCountryEvo said:

If we hadn't just extended Kirk, my mind was going in the same direction as far as trading up... I was hoping we could move up and get a QB, and then let Kirk's contract run out and start our new QBoTF. Not happening with Kirks extension, though, and I would rather trade back with one of our firsts now... Possibly even for a 1st next year.

Can’t see that happening. Zimmer and Spielman need to be in win now mode if they don’t want to lose their jobs.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Can’t see that happening. Zimmer and Spielman need to be in win now mode if they don’t want to lose their jobs.

Oh, I don't see it happening, at least not right now. If we hadn't extended Kirk, then maybe. At least that would have been my pipe dream. I do agree, though, Zim and Rick need to be in win now mode for their jobs.

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Not sure what’s better. Might prefer just to stay at 22 and 25 and get two starters. But if a true blue chip CB we’re there at 7, or maybe a stud LT, it’s tempting to think about.

There is a very good chance that one of Becton, Wills, Wirfs, or Okudah will be there. Especially if it were for Wirfs or Okudah I would think about a trade up.

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

You are just wrong here. By many many metrics. Losing your best offensive player for a lottery ticket is a bad move more times than not.

Diggs is a top 5 WR with a QB that refused to throw him the ball.

And if he keeps being a little whiny twit and distracts the players and coaches? His schtick wore thin. That was his fault and his alone. Good riddance. He can go be a diva in obscurity with an inaccurate QB and play for an irrelevant organization. Let’s see how long it is before AB Jr tweets his way out of Buffalo. 

This is a better haul than we could have hoped for. 

• Like 2