Current "Ring of Honor" for your team?

ET80

Well, the big news for the Texans today is Andre Johnson will be the inaugural member of the Texans Ring of Honor. Took 15 years, but the Texans have a guy who has achieved to the point to where he'll be immortalized in NRG.

Got me to thinking - what current (or recently retired) player from your team is heading to a retired jersey or Ring of Honor?

Immediately, JJ Watt comes to mind. Duane Brown and Arian Foster are also on the short list. Aaron Glenn should be listed, and DeMeco Ryans is a long shot but worthy of inclusion as well.

For the Eagles:

Jason Peters
Brent Celek

We're a pretty young team with many new faces. Always seem to have free agents coming and going too. Oh, and Chip Kelly purged our team of guys who would have been Eagles greats like Shady McCoy. 

3 hours ago, Phire said:

For the Eagles:

Jason Peters
Brent Celek

We're a pretty young team with many new faces. Always seem to have free agents coming and going too. Oh, and Chip Kelly purged our team of guys who would have been Eagles greats like Shady McCoy. 

yea Peters will get there quick, Celek will get on there eventually too as a "philly guy"

Malcolm Jenkins and Brandon Graham would be next up...but need to pad their resume on the team. Jenkins just need more time with the team and overall team success to cement him. Graham needs to exert a level of dominance and consistency at the position where people can't deny how good he is. He is forever carrying "Not Earl Thomas" on his back in this town. And while a lot of smarter fans recognize the turnaround since his first couple of years, and how he's remained good despite being jerked back and forth from 4-3 to 3-4 and back...he needs to do more in the general fanbases eyes.

Jurrell Casey, assuming he continues his career at status quo, will be a ring of honor member when his career is done.

As far as retired, the franchise's status quo so far is to only retire HoF player numbers, with only one exception in Jim Norton who is the franchise leader in interceptions and was the first number the Oilers retired.

Since then, the retired numbers have been Elvin Bethea, Earl Campbell, Mike Munchak, Warren Moon and Bruce Matthews, all hall of famers.

The ring of honor isn't quite as exclusive, as it contains the names listed above plus Bud Adams, George Blanda, Steve McNair, Eddie George, Frank Wycheck and Mike Holovak. Casey will likely have his name added to that assuming he plays the bulk of his career here.

Walker would probably be the next closest guy on the list but kind of doubt his inclusion.

Among recently retired, Michael Roos might have a shot, but again doubt it.

An interesting one might be seeing Jeff Fisher's name added some day to the ring of honor, but who knows with that.

Bengals don't have a ring of honor ?

But if they did, probably AJ Green, Andrew whitworth (even though he's a Ram now), Geno Atkins and perhaps Andy Dalton pending future playoff performances. 

Terrell Suggs would be a lock for pretty much any Ring of Honor.

Considering the already set threshold for the Ravens version (which seems sorta low to me), I'd imagine that Marshall Yanda should get in and that Flacco gets in as the franchise's best QB and the SB MVP from XLVII .  Haloti Ngata would also merit consideration and I've seen some argue that Derrick Mason should be in as the leading receiver in Ravens history

I'm honestly not sure as far as recently retired goes. But Eli Manning is a lock. Outside of him we have multiple players who could possibly join him if they finish out their careers with NY and play at the level we've seen of them so far.

Odell, Pugh, JPP, and Collins all come to mind.

28 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

And one that hasn't gotten his due yet (but likely will) - Bryant Young

I tried to find the 26 who are in now (27 with Rathman), but couldn't find it. Would have thought Young already in it. Thats kind of a travesty he isn't

Obviously Brady, but I think he is the only lock. He is the only one whose number gets retired too. 

Gronk is the closest thing to one. Devin McCourty has a case as well. Vince Wilfork will probably get some recognition. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Obviously Brady, but I think he is the only lock. He is the only one whose number gets retired too. 

Gronk is the closest thing to one. Devin McCourty has a case as well. Vince Wilfork will probably get some recognition. 

I could see Ghost end up getting a nod if he continues to be elite for the next 10 years.

Archived