Current "Ring of Honor" for your team?

ET80

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:24 PM, Desperado82 said:

DeMarcus Ware and Jason Witten should be locks. I could see an argument for Romo, but don't think he makes it.

Seriously? he holds just about ever passing record there is for Dallas and a pretty good W/L record. Romo is just as much of a lock as Ware and Witten.

On 7/20/2017 at 4:46 AM, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Panthers:

• Steve Smith
  • Julius Peppers
  • Cam Newton
  • Luke Kuechly
  • Thomas Davis

These are the obvious ones. I always like Gamble. Minter was a personal favorite and a long-time contributor. Neither probably did enough over the long haul to get that kind of recognition, though.

On 7/19/2017 at 9:56 AM, patdt13 said:

I would say the only lock, and that's a big maybe is Cam Wake.

If Wake never plays another snap, I still think he's a lock.

The numbers speak for themselves, the clutch plays put the exclamation point on it. He's never complained, never publicly expressed discontent during contract negotiations, there's never been a negative whisper about him.

He's averaged over 9 sacks per season. Four seasons with at least 11 sacks. He's done it at 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE.

He accomplished all of this starting at age 27. He'll be 35 this season, and as we've seen recently, pass-rushers can still have an impact at that age. Maybe he can pass the baton over the next couple seasons to Charles Harris as it was passed to him by Jason Taylor.

On 7/18/2017 at 10:32 PM, Phire said:

For the Eagles:

Jason Peters
Brent Celek

We're a pretty young team with many new faces. Always seem to have free agents coming and going too. Oh, and Chip Kelly purged our team of guys who would have been Eagles greats like Shady McCoy. 

Peters no doubt, he'll deservedly get honored ASAP. Celek? I'm not so sure, I certainly think he deserves it, but it may take a long time.

Why must you speak his name :(

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

He isnt already in?

The Bears do not have a ring of honor, just retired jersey's which his isn't yet because they have too many jersey's already retired especially at the LB position.

21 hours ago, disaacs said:

I would think Harrison Smith still has a significant ways to go before he's earned the right to be in the RoH.  Adrian Peterson is the only true lock, even though he's not a member of the team currently.  

Of the recently retired list, of the first 4 names you mentioned, I see all of them, except for Hutch getting into the RoH.  He just wasn't impactful enough for a long enough time.  Kevin Williams has that chance as well.  You also neglected to mention Chad Greenway.  I think he's a clear lock, but not necessarily because of just his play on the field.  I think his off-the-field impact is also taken into consideration and puts him over the top.

With 2 more years of stellar play, Everson Griffen also has his shot, because if he gets 12 sacks this season alone, he'll surpass K-Will for 4th place all-time on the Vikings.   

Holy heck! That's nuts

Greenway...did not think of him at all. I'd be Happy to see him make it.

I expect Smith to dominate for another 4 years or so and that should be enough to get him in I think.

KC probably has a decent number right now, actually. Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali are pretty much locks, at this point. Jamaal Charles just left, but he should make it eventually provided nothing happens in Denver to really sour opinions on him (Gonzalez still hasn't made it, so I imagine it would take Charles some time.) And then Travis Kelce, Eric Berry, and Marcus Peters are all en route, provided they remain Chiefs and stick with their current career trajectories. And then pending when guys retire and who is getting considered when, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dustin Colquitt make it.

We also have lower standards than some teams for making it. We induct one player per year, so we're at like 46 now or something like that. I know some teams just have a handful of guys. We have 2 kickers, a punter, and a fullback. Good ones, mind you, but still.

Archived