Redskins sign Kendall Fuller 4 years/40mil

ARTMONK HOF

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think Fuller regressed much - if at all - in KC. He was just put in a different role then what he was in DC. He had a heck of a playoffs & a great Super Bowl. He almost had two ints. I’m glad we have him back.

I'm glad he's back too. We can put him in the inside or at S, and move Moreland to the outside where he belongs :)

• Like 3

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

It's M-O-R-E-L-A-N-D

Geez, you guys are bad spellers.

Haha 🤣 We’ll see, I hope they all play well and take big steps forward. I really don’t care who it is, but I think Moreau has the most untapped potential in our secondary. How he played vs Carolina last year is the guy I hope we see more consistently this year. And as far as Dunny goes, I just hope he stays healthy for once. If he stays healthy, we good in the secondary, he makes a huge difference.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Haha 🤣 We’ll see, I hope they all play well and take big steps forward. I really don’t care who it is, but I think Moreau has the most untapped potential in our secondary. How he played vs Carolina last year is the guy I hope we see more consistently this year. And as far as Dunny goes, I just hope he stays healthy for once. If he stays healthy, we good in the secondary, he makes a huge difference.

Definitely hoping they all take a step forward. I'd love a healthy secondary that wasn't getting burnt every 5 seconds.

I know I said I liked it in the FA thread, and I’m still glad they got him back — but that’s a really REALLY steep price for a slot CB. 

I think the key with Kendall is just accepting what he is, and not feeling forced to try to make him into something else. He’s just never been someone who can effectively cover on the outside. He doesn’t have the size or length to challenge NFL receivers out there, and he doesn’t have the long speed to run with the dangerous deep threats. But he’s really one heck of a gamer, and if you put him in the slot where his twitch and his instincts and his toughness can carry him through, he’s terrific. 

For whatever reason, KC kept trying to stuff him into an outside CB role — maybe because of how they valued him in taking him as the lead piece in the Smith deal or maybe because they just really needed one. But we need to be mindful of playing him where he’s great, instead of trying to make him into something he’s not, simply because of how much we paid for him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I know I said I liked it in the FA thread, and I’m still glad they got him back — but that’s a really REALLY steep price for a slot CB. 

I think the key with Kendall is just accepting what he is, and not feeling forced to try to make him into something else. He’s just never been someone who can effectively cover on the outside. He doesn’t have the size or length to challenge NFL receivers out there, and he doesn’t have the long speed to run with the dangerous deep threats. But he’s really one heck of a gamer, and if you put him in the slot where his twitch and his instincts and his toughness can carry him through, he’s terrific. 

For whatever reason, KC kept trying to stuff him into an outside CB role — maybe because of how they valued him in taking him as the lead piece in the Smith deal or maybe because they just really needed one. But we need to be mindful of playing him where he’s great, instead of trying to make him into something he’s not, simply because of how much we paid for him. 

KC did that in 2018 bc they didn’t have any better options. Last year I don’t think they had Fuller on the outside as much bc they had signed Breeland.

46 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Hopefully we move him around to me hes a DB not a true outside CB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

I want us to get rid of Monte Nicholson now and slot Kendall Fuller in. He actually looked pretty good at FS and I think a true conversion would do him (and us) good.

I’d like Fuller to be FS too. Need to find a slot guy though.

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

Slot corners are getting paid in the NFL, but good teams are finding them in the draft and keep churning them out.  

My issue with the signing is the amount of money we have tied up in a slot cornerback and a box safety- two player archetypes where a lot of good teams don't normally spend money- and here we are with a ton of money tied into each.  Granted, having what could be an elite defensive line all on rookie contracts helps that, but eventually the Redskins need to develop players in those areas, and keep developing them.  Safety has been an issue for a long time.  I'm worried about our corner situation since Torrian Gray left.  

Wonder if he would be moved FS...

He played the position very well in KC towards the end of the season, capping it off with the Super Bowl-ending INT.

He is also an excellent slot CB, so I wonder what RR and JDR value more. 

Regardless, his position flexibility and ability to play them at a high level is a great thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Wonder if he would be moved FS...

He played the position very well in KC towards the end of the season, capping it off with the Super Bowl-ending INT.

He is also an excellent slot CB, so I wonder what RR and JDR value more. 

Regardless, his position flexibility and ability to play them at a high level is a great thing.

He plays amazing in the scrum and has a nose for the ball there. He is a quick twitch over long speed. That’s why he shouldn’t be a outside CB. I think he can play FS but in today’s NFL it’s okay to have an Elite Nickle. That’s a weapon not many teams have. Also his build and traits work better inside or with his eyes on the QB then chasing a big tree tall guy up the sideline.

• Like 1